SUMMARY STATEMENT The Maintenance Technician performs a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the hotel in compliance with the company and government’s standards for functionality, cleanliness, safety, and security.
II. ORGANIZATION No direct reports
III. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
% of Time
Maintenance Responsibilities Maintains the basic upkeep of all rooms and common areas by ensuring all furniture, appliances and electrical equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working order. Ensures all paint and flooring meet company standards. Repairs or replaces all HVAC systems such as individual air conditioning units as needed. Cleans and maintains the hotel’s exterior spaces such as the parking lot, swimming pool, landscaping, etc.
Guest Service Offer guests assistance whenever possible. Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services. Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations. Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property. Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security. Assists guests and staff with anything that they may need from a maintenance perspective.
Other Duties as Assigned Assists other maintenance engineers as needed. Properly secures all tools, equipment, and supplies after use. Reports any major repair issues or requests to the Maintenance Manager or General Manager.
IV. SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent years of relevant work experience required. 1+ years of previous maintenance/grounds experience required.
Must have working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and other general repair skills. Ability to efficiently work under time constraints. Possesses good organizational and prioritization skills. Able to work independently and with others. Superior customer service and communication skills Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry 50+ pounds. Frequently walks, bends, climbs, kneels, and extends reach to complete assigned tasks. Possesses the physical ability to perform all of the above mentioned duties within a defined period of time. Ability to work independently. May be required to travel. Use of personal vehicle may be required. Able to work a flexible schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $7.75 to $8.00 /hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma