The CMM Programmer works with quality and manufacturing systems. This position prepares CMM programs to measure parts. It requires self-motivated activities and participates on team activities. This position supports activities and ensures compliance to company ISO Quality Management systems, internal auditing, registration audits and ISO training. The CMM Programmer ensures compliance with internal and external customer quality inspection requirements by working with others who will use CMM’s. Providing technical support to production lines, the CMM Programmer works with Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, set-up team members, Production Operators, Team Leaders, Purchasing, Materials, and Inspection personnel.
No supervisory responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Takes responsibility for assignments through completion.
2. Prepares CMM programming based on solid models
3. Organizes and maintains database of programs ensuring correct programs are available at appropriate machines and revision levels are matched to approved customer drawings.
4. Supports efforts to pass customer quality audits as needed.
5. Supports tier three supplier quality requirements (including raw material supply)
6. Must be proficient in reading blueprints and working with tolerances.
7. Responsible for ensuring that acceptable parts are released to the customer and responsible for releasing PPAP parts for production.
8. Assist in the development of inspection plans to meet customer requirements as necessary.
9. Supports corrective actions needed for customer quality issues.
10. Supports preparation of bids and proposals for current and future customers as needed.
11. Supports production needs during new job start up.
12. Supports manufacturing on technical issues related to CMM programs.
13. Provides documentation for projects.
14. Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment. Identify and eliminate safety and housekeeping hazards to minimize workplace accidents.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Five (5) years in an engineering or machine shop environment, or five (5) year hands-on experience in manufacturing is desirable.
2. Five (5) years of engineering or technical studies is desirable.
3. Must be able to read, interpret and work with blueprints, including geometric tolerance symbols.
4. Has knowledge and experience of machining processes and tooling.
5. Has strong knowledge of CMM, and CAD software.
6. Must have PC abilities utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, database and scheduling tools.
7. Must have knowledge of fixture and tooling practices.
8. Must possess an organized and professional approach to managing projects and assignments through completion, displaying strong analytical skills and ability to learn new technologies.
9. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Must be highly organized to handle multiple priorities.
Will work in an environment with sitting for periods up to 9 hours, and/or frequently walking throughout the facilities, bending, stooping and stretching to work in various environments around equipment. May require moderate lifting of items up to 60 pounds and carry weight for short distances. May be exposed to various temperatures, constant vibration, dust, loud noises, oils and interaction with many people. Position requires some overtime, working before and after normal work hours and some weekends. Position may require some travel outside the area. Will work under conditions with some situational conflicts that arise, with changing priorities and short deadlines. Will deal with interruptions and must be able to handle many things at the same time. May have to attend meetings before/after normal work hours.
The above statement reflects the general nature of the job identified, but should not be construed as the job in its entirety. Duties and responsibilities may vary from what is written based upon requirements of your supervisor or the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- York, PA 17406: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location