Join our growing company that offers competitive pay, and great benefits.
Prepare engineering, calculations, and designs for customer products and projects and to ensure specifications and performance requirements are met, and engineering approvals and certifications are obtained as required by the body having jurisdiction.
- Analyze customer specifications, sales quotes, customer supplied information, and performance requirements to engineer product.
- Confer with other engineers and design staff to interpret design concepts and to determine design modifications as needed.
- Perform calculations in preparation for designing products.
- Analyze code requirements to ensure products are manufactured according to requirements.
- Design all electrical aspects of product including electrical drawings, one-line diagrams, interconnect schedules, wire sizing, and equipment requirements.
- Ensure that all designs, drawings, and calculations meet customer specifications.
- Train new employees in operation of design software and all aspects of Electrical Engineer responsibilities.
- Check other’s work for accuracy and code compliance.
- Prepare necessary paperwork for required state engineering certifications.
- Provide assistance and information to Project Managers, Designers, Sales Staff, Manufacturing Staff, and Customers on engineering questions and concerns.
- Communicate with Project Managers throughout projects to ensure products are designed and manufactured according to requirements, changes are appropriately applied, and customers are satisfied with products and services provided.
- Study engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and developments in industry.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Advanced use of Excel, Word and other Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of power transformers, distribution panels, transfer switches.
- Experience using AutoCad and Solidworks, or equivalent CAD Software.
- Experience in electrical installations and electrical design.
- Knowledge of electrical codes such as NEC and CSA.
- Strong math skills and ability to perform electrical calculations.Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time