Job Title: Decavo Quality Manager
Salary Range: $55K- $80K
Department: Quality Control
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
Schedule: Monday – Friday
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of the Quality Control Program, including the coordination, performance and execution of construction inspection and testing services for the project. The QC Manager is responsible for assuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds the project’s contractual requirements and maintains the standard of excellence established by Decavo, LLC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all work meets or exceeds the contract specifications and standard of excellence of the Joint Venture.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Company policies and procedures.
- Assists in identifying manufacturing issues by working with Engineering to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative action.
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measuring equipment, CMM and test fixtures.
- Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the scanning, record keeping, and filing duties of inspection criteria.
- Performs inspection sampling and makes acceptance/rejection decisions per guidelines, maintains thorough and detailed records of all inspection history in an electronic history database, and communicates reject or quality problems to buyers or manufacturing staff in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure engineering and technicians are provided data they need by identifying defects requiring tool adjustments or repair.
- Advise production when inspection results do not meet customer specifications. Communicates pertinent information to supervisors and co-workers.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- Champion Decavo's AS-9100D implementation.
- Schedules and allocates work to inspection staff to ensure production targets are met.
- Confirms that dimensions, finish type, and finish appearance of parts meet specifications on customer drawings and are within Decavo quality standards.
- Interact with CAD models and Engineering drawings, utilizing GD&T, to perform the intended inspection.
- Responsible for the proper care and storage of precision measuring tools and equipment. Operates and maintains precision machinery such as Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Acts as a resource and advocate for Decavo quality standards and serves as a company expert on inspection information for all parts received, both internally and externally.
- Evaluates measuring requirements and designs to help assist in designing inspection fixtures/gages when necessary or beneficial.
- Conduct inspections of in-process materials and in-process finished products to meet customer specifications. Perform other checks as required.
- Work with engineers and quality department to communicate inspection requirements for parts.
- Interact with customers to verify quality and satisfaction.
- Educate production team on quality control issues with departmental managers to improve overall product quality.
- Assists with the maintenance and update of work instructions and inspection procedures to reflect new and updated requirements or methods.
- Assisting team members in problem solving, trouble shooting and the handling of unique situations.
- Supports special engineering tests or procedures.
- Promote continuous improvement of our inspection processes.
- Performs and helps train staff on inspection techniques and instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Help Support first article inspections to evaluate suppliers’ dimensional accuracy on initial runs, including molds and dies produced both in house and externally.
- Provides continuous development training on topics related to inspection and precision measuring equipment to all team members.
- Serves as a resource to team members, provides technical support to all team members.
- Provide specialized training to operators on identification of process defects.
- 5 years of experience with quality inspection in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, high attention to detail, adaptable to various responsibilities, and ability to multi-task.
- A good team-player and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, formal or informal, and ability to effectively communicate work information and provide training to others.
- Ability to accurately interpret engineering drawings and to design effective inspection fixtures and gauges.
- Understanding of basic math, geometry, and trigonometry is required.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of computer programs to develop, maintain and interpret CMM part programs and outputs.
- Basic understanding of product function, part-to-print relationships, and knowledge of product flow through Decavo is preferred.
- Decavo promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory preemployment drug screening.
- Due to ITAR requirements, employees must be a US Citizen or a current Green Card holder.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Quality systems: 5 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location