At Abonmarche, our reputation is built on trust, passion, reliability, and quality. We are committed to exceeding the needs of each client. We work closely with our clients to understand what they need to accomplish and what they hope to achieve. Then we put our expert technical and creative skills to work - and help them to create a great place.
Our team consists of over 110 committed professionals at all levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past several years and now serve clients from offices in Benton Harbor, Manistee, South Haven and Battle Creek, Michigan as well as South Bend, Valparaiso, Lafayette, Hobart and Goshen, Indiana. We offer civil engineering, surveying, architectural, and landscape architecture services for governmental, residential, and commercial clients.
We are seeking bright, new talent to join our knowledgeable, creative and experienced team. Benefits include a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, and paid time off. Opportunities available in our Kalamazoo and Benton Harbor locations. Please visit our website at www.abonmarche.com.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including: roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, traffic signals, marinas and asset management projects. Also includes site design for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates.
- Attend client meetings.
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and tests.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- Instruct draft persons/technicians to prepare working drawings.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Perform occasional drafting.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS Civil Engineering
- EIT Preferred
- 0 - 3 years experience
- Good written and verbal communication skilss
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Experience with construction materials, procedures, and documents.
This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement