The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for assisting the Project Manager in project delivery, resolution of technical issues through collaboration and decision making, project plan development (cost, scope, and schedule), plan documentation and communication, project approval, and actual project performance measured against approved plan.
The Project Engineer is also responsible for:
- Assisting the Project Team in planning and organizing day-to-day project activities
- Supporting administration of the project teams and the coordination of activities between project locations; ensuring that all decisions and activities within the various project teams support the project's objectives and priorities
- Assisting in organizing and controlling project work to ensure that all project objectives are being met with regard to safety, environment, cost, schedule, work environment, and quality
- Preparing and giving presentations on project issues
- Assisting Project Controls in the preparation of cost estimates
- Obtaining all necessary approvals for planned work
- Monitoring progress, manpower, and budget
- Keeping team members informed on Project progress and developments
- Monitoring project document development, project change and variation orders
- Mentoring lower level colleagues as needed
This position is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and managing onsite construction engineering activities for construction projects varying in size to ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
2. Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
3. Manage project engineering assignments to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
4. Manage project engineering activities to ensure compliance with company, contract and schedule requirements.
5. Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
6. Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
7. Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
8. Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
9. Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
Page 1 of 2
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- 4+ years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience in civil, commercial, and oilfield construction
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc. plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
- Familiar with HCSS Software including Heavy Job and Heavy Bid
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift approximately 40 pounds. Climbing, and extensive walking can be expected. Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test screening and a fit for work physical.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Required)