AutoPets, the inventor, manufacturer, and retailer of the Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com is an international leader in developing highly functional pet products that make pet care easier and more enjoyable. Launched in 2000 by founder and President Brad Baxter, the Litter-Robot is the highest-rated automatic, self-cleaning litter box on the market. AutoPets is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin, with 300+ passionate employees who are dedicated to improving the future of pet care. If we sound like a team you’re interested in joining, keep reading! If you’re passionate about web development, overseeing exciting projects and interested in working for an organization that is a fast-growing ecommerce company, this could be your next position!
Are you passionate about development? Do you love working with Magento? Do you feel total job satisfaction in becoming the SME in your area of focus? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have found your next career move!
The Magento PHP Developer will assist in migrating our current eCommerce websites to Magento 2 while maintaining and keeping the business running smoothly on Magento 1.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Will become a subject matter expert in AutoPets’ eCommerce and fulfillment applications.
- Builds technical requirements, flow charts, diagrams, and estimations around projects and functionality to be built
- Designs and develops clean, maintainable, performant back-end software
- Assists in the migration of Litter-Robot from Magento 1 to Magento 2
- Corrects production issues that impact revenue or fulfillment teams with a high sense of urgency
- Participates in the code-review process, provides feedback to other developers, and can keep an open mind to feedback
- Partners with our Marketing Team to implement improvements that will aid in our marketing efforts, ranking with search engines, and a speedy experience by our internal and external customers
- Will make and deliver on recommendations for functionality and architecture that will keep our platform maintainable and enable stable rapid deployment
- Participates in regular occurring on-call schedule for critical operational issues
- Develop and maintain configurable integrations with new and existing vendors
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer specializing in Magento 1 or Magento 2 platforms
- 3+ years of experience in developing and maintaining database models
- 3+ years of experience utilizing a project management tool to track the status of projects, bugs, and issues found
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and PHP frameworks, web services, and creating custom modules
- Proficient in other content management systems such as WordPress
- Knowledge of SOLID programming principles
- Experience using PostMan, SOAPUI, or other API testing tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to learn constantly and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must continuously lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Magento: 1 year (Required)
- PHP: 1 year (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place