Sales Application Engineer - Piller Power Systems Inc.
Location: Middletown, New York
The Sales Application Engineer function is the primary point of contact for all sales related inquiries for Piller, and is responsible for inside sales activities to support the sales efforts of all Piller products and services. Reports to Technical Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary point of contact with Piller Sales (internal and external) for technical proposal preparation and cost determination.
- Review and evaluate customer technical requirements to determine the best application of Piller products and services.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposal documents and associated cost data as required by the Sales Department for projects in the range of few hundreds kilo-Watt to multi mega-Watt projects. Manage and coordinate proposal preparation between Piller departments, Piller headquarters in Germany, vendor and customer contacts.
- Assist in the preparation of project specific specification documents for vendors such as for switchgear, magnetics, enclosures, diesel generators and batteries.
- Maintain current sales operations standards, including but not limited to the following for all Piller products and services:
\* Bills of material, equipment costs, quotation.
\* Start-up, Service and maintenance contract pricing.
\* Delivery lead times and current inventory.
\* Submittal & proposal information and technical documentation.
\* Commercial issues, including payment terms, insurance, tax rates, and freight costs.
- Maintain CRM tool management as it pertains to Sales forecasts.
- Assist Technical Sales Manager and VP of Sales to maintain technical and commercial data base and recommend improvements on data bases and Sales related work flows.
- Be knowledgeable of all Piller products and latest trends in critical power systems applications.
- Understand Piller's marketing, selling, distribution, installation and service functions and assist where necessary to ensure that Piller's product is properly being perceived in the marketplace.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the sales opportunities identified by each direct sales and/or representative and assist the Directors/Managers as required to help bring the opportunities to closure.
- Maintain awareness for opportunities for improvement and make recommendations when applicable. Additionally, pursue continuous self-improvement and professional development.
- Maintain an effective “teamwork” relationship with all Piller personnel.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
The Sales Application Engineer is required to have training and experience in the following areas.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred, or
- Associates Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering plus a minimum of two (2) year technical sales support experience in the electrical or electronic field, or
- Technical school and/or equivalent military technical school with a minimum of two (2) years technical sales support experience in critical power systems.
- Experience in the UPS or other Power business is a plus.
- Work experience in applications, or technical sales support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Time management, effective planning, organizing, and communicating skills are required.
- Ability to work with and communicate within Power Engineering community.
- Achievement oriented and independent working skills are required.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and familiar with CAD and CRM.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Office job with occasional traveling.
- The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Office base is Middletown, NY. Occasional traveling may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you have an electrical engineering degree?
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- technical sales support: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location