We are expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and team focus
- Share knowledge and expertise with team
Consulting & Communication
- Provide consulting and advisory services to clients as subject matter expert for Informatica Power Center ETL and team delivery
- Provide analysis and recommendations for ETL implementation
- Take part in Design Brainstorm & design approval process
- Generate estimates for Organizational Data Stores (ODS) & Warehouse ETL activities
- Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Escalate and mitigate risk & issues
- Informatica design & development
- Design & develop highly efficient/high performance ETL mappings/workflows
- Implement industry best practices (e.g. Velocity methodology)
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle DDL / DML and performance tuning strategies.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment
- Hands-on experience with design, development and deployment of Informatica ETL's to/from data warehouse environments
- Experience with data warehousing best practices
- Strong performance tuning experience
- Type 2 dimension loading experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x
- Minimum 3 years experience with Oracle 10g or higher
- Experience with Oracle SQL (DML & DDL), PL/SQL, packages, stored procedures, triggers
- Expertise in reviewing business requirements, technical requirements documentation
- Expertise in writing high and low level design documentation
- Experience in writing re-usable unit test documents
- Extensive experience with developing, unit testing, break/fix support of Informatica ETL
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience leading technical teams
- Familiarity with use of version control / source code management tools (CVS, Dimensions, etc.)
- Full SDLC experience
- Well organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Excellent time-management, planning and prioritization
- Comfortable working with all project stakeholders (business users, architects, project managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, production support team)
What you can expect from us:
- Informatica Power Exchange (for CDC, multi-format records).
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Data modeling & star schema data warehouse design
- Experience with HP-ALM (previously known as Quality Center/Test Director)
- Linux / Unix scripting
- Tidal Enterprise Scheduler knowledge
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.