TechGlobal is looking for a qualified Jr. JAVA Developer to provide SDLC and support services on-site at the National Weather Service (NWS) headquarters. You can have experience from an internship or other projects associated with your degree. Specifically, to analyze, design, develop, test, document, and deploy new features and enhancements on the Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS). The Java Developer responsibilities include:
- Conduct application design
- Create and present design documents for design review
- Capable to complete development independently or work in an agile team to complete assigned tasks
- Independently conduct unit testing and other required testing, complete required documentation.
- At least 1 year of hands-on Java development experience in full life cycle software projects
- Education: BS in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent
- Solid knowledge and experiences with Object-Oriented analysis and design and documentation using Java
- Clearance: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
- 2D / 3D image processing or visualization skills will be preferred.
- 1+ years solid experiences on Unit Testing, capable to developing unit testing routines by using unit testing frameworks, JUnit; capable to create integration test plan and support integration testing.
- 1+ years solid developing experiences in Linux / Unix environment, capable to use most commonly used Linux / Unix commands, tools, utilities, shell scripts.
- 1+ years hands-on experiences on popular Java IDEs, such as Eclipse, NetBeans.
- 1+ years experiences of using version control tools, such as Git, SVN etc.
- RCP rich application development experiences is highly preferred.
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Salary Range: Based on qualifications
- Travel: N/A
- A portfolio of your prior work is preferred
TechGlobal is leading the next generation of federal consulting. Our mission is to provide passionate service to every customer. We built TechGlobal to raise the bar in government contracting because excellent service should be the standard, not the exception. We value collaboration, excellence, and ownership. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and bring a rare energy and commitment to our projects. This is where passion meets mission. This is TechGlobal.
Come as you are! TechGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are based on business needs and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. TechGlobal is a progressive and open-minded company that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $81,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are you able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust?
- hands-on JAVA development: 1 year (Required)
- version control tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- RCP rich application development: 1 year (Preferred)
- object-oriented analysis and design: 1 year (Required)
- developing in Linux/Unix environment: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location