ReelPower Industrial is currently seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to join their team in Oklahoma City, OK!
With over 50 years of manufacturing experience, headquartered in OKC, we serve the Wire & Cable, Telecommunications, Power, Hose, Pipe, Tube and Wire Rope industries. We build on strengths in design and application engineering, and the wealth of experience, knowledge, and data built up over five decades of designing coiling, spooling and winding equipment for flexible materials. These strengths extend to our team who intimately understand our customers’ application needs and form the best solutions. We are focused on being the world’s leading winding and flexible material handling expert with customer-focused innovation and new product development.
- Designing and developing the electrical systems that drive custom-built OEM machinery.
- Design, develop, test, lead, and manage electrical engineering projects in support of new product development and changes to existing products.
- Interface with mechanical engineers and designers to ensure that:
- The mechanisms designed can be adequately controlled.
- The control elements can be integrated into the mechanisms.
- Interface with customers and vendors/suppliers regarding project specifications.
- Select control components to minimize cost without sacrificing safety or quality.
- Program PLC, HMI and other intelligent devices for control of industrial equipment.
- Create, maintain, control, and deliver machine Bills of Materials, electrical design drawings, programs and technical documents necessary to manufacture, assemble, and operate equipment.
- Commission the developed control systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with programming and electrical hardware.
- Assist in sales cycle to provide appropriate quotes and timeframes.
- Research and provide input for customer upgrades and equipment modifications.
- Use technical writing skills to contribute to operation and maintenance manuals for industrial machines.
- Perform start-up integrations at customer’s facility.
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits
- Must be able to lift 25 – 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, talk, sit, stand, and communicate verbally continuously throughout an 8-10-hour period
- Travel 15% of the time, or when job requires.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical controls. Preferably in design of industrial equipment. Prior experience with Winders and Cable Equipment a plus.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming experience for industrial machinery, primarily with Allen Bradley products (Siemens products a plus).
- HMI programming experience for industrial machinery Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, IDEC, and Red Lion.
- Safety Programming, both stand-alone Safety Controllers and integrated Safety Processors.
- Variable Speed Drive integration, configuration and commissioning.
- Familiarity with communications protocols: serial, Ethernet, etc.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical (SolidWorks Electrical experience is a plus) and experience designing and creating:
- Pneumatic schematics and design is a plus
- Hydraulic schematics and design is a plus
- Familiarity with national and international electrical and safety standards a plus including:
- CE/ European Safety standards
- UL 508A
- Excellent communication both written and verbal. Team Player.
- Must possess the following qualities; strong attention to detail, strong follow-through, ability to
- multi-task, efficient time management and organization skills
- The ability to conceptualize how a machine should function to meet customer specifications.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
- Use ERP system to integrate between Engineering and Production
- Thorough understanding of the math and physics behind machine motion.
Indeed Hire and ReelPower Industrial are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- HMI programming (Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, IDEC, and Red Lion): 1 year (Required)
- Logic Controller (PLC) programming: 1 year (Required)
- electrical controls: 5 years (Required)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD Electrical : 1 year (Required)
- Winders and Cable Equipment : 1 year (Required)
- Oklahoma City, OK: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)