has an immediate opening for a
Project Engineer– Traffic Engineering
We are looking for a talented, energetic, professional to join our team who is interested in work on fun creative engineering projects.
CivTech is currently located in north Scottsdale, Arizona and for the past 18 years has been providing transportation engineering, planning, traffic design, and research/development services to state/local municipalities, and private organizations since 2002. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation and traffic engineering solutions that empower personal freedom to all who use transportation in their daily actives. CivTech is a successful woman-owned SBE/DBE firm that was recognized in 2018 by INC. 5000 as one of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
The professional staff, who define our reputation and quality of work, each embody CivTech’s core values. At CivTech, we Own the Outcome and take a Creative Approach to Challenges. Everyone Contributes with an Amazing Attitude. To us, All Relationships Matter. Our core values is our promise to our staff and our clients. They believe in the company’s purpose of personal freedom and bring the commitment, initiative, inquisitiveness, and willingness to take risks that has led to CivTech’s collective success. The firm is committed to providing a creative, collaborative work environment for all staff; CivTech encourages professional opportunities for continuous learning and growth for each employee.
Task Requirements for Position:
· Demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Create/Build Traffic modeling analyses using Traffix, Synchro/SimTraffic and HCS software.
· Experience in collecting traffic data and training inexperienced staff to assist.
· Experience in Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) reports and Traffic Impact Statements (TIS)
· Shared Parking Study calculations and report writing.
· Signal Warrant Analysis both MUTCD and ADOT requirements.
· Prepare Technical Reports which include DCR, PAD and SAT reports
· Prepare both Public and Private Proposals
· Prepare public and private presentations with strong written/oral skills.
· Perform traffic engineering calculations, sketches and visual drawings.
· Participate in cost development, management and scheduling for assigned projects.
· Proficient communicator with project Team Members, Agencies, and Clients both inside and outside the office.
· Research traffic analysis and traffic operations for City, State, and County officials.
· Provide technical direction and mentoring to less experienced engineering personnel.
· Work both independently and in a group, setting depending on project needs/workload.
Requirements to Perform the Work Include:
· Professional Engineering (P.E.) registration in Arizona OR ability to obtain reciprocity within 6-months of hire.
· 5-10 years of experience working on traffic engineering related projects.
· Previous work experience with ADOT and local municipalities.
· Demonstrated proficiency with traffic analysis software (Synchro, SimTraffic, & HCS) and Traffic Modeling, as well as the ability/desire to enhance current software skills.
CivTechoffers all full-time employees a robust rewards package which includes:
ü Competitive Salary
ü Medical Benefits Package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision
ü Paid Holidays, PTO/PST, Flexible Work Schedules
ü 401(k) and Profit Sharing
ü Professional and Career Development Opportunities
At CivTech, we offer our employees more than just a job; we provide a work place with high core values that focus on personal freedom, creativity, and accountability. Each employee is considered an asset to the company and treated like family. It is through our office culture and purpose as a company that allow CivTech to win creative work opportunities that shape our community for generations to come.
If you have a passion for what you do and want to work with a great team that is making a difference in transportation today, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Traffic Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance