As a key member of the Construction Technology & Innovation team, this role
will oversee all aspects of Construction Research and Product Development. The select individual will be responsible for the development, configuration, and support of all engineering systems manufactured for use in the field leading the efforts to innovate and develop new construction systems leveraging advancing technologies and approaches that enable more efficient and profitable approaches to construction.
- Responsible for the talent and capability development and direction of the Research & Product Development organization to ensure that the company maintains a competitive offering of new and improved construction products and processes.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of advanced approaches, products and materials in the construction industry that have applicability to the companies approaches for improving sales, profitability or efficiency. Provide business case justification for product support or redirection
- Ensure effective collaboration with Field Operations (Sales Consultants and Crew), Manufacturing Operations (Plant and Purchasing) and Design Services groups
- Maintain the intellectual property for the organization that applies to products and process technology.
- Manage a robust stage-gate process: advance attractive opportunities toward commercialization.
- Continually improve product quality and yield; reduce variability and production costs and improve competitive advantage.
- Work closely with operations and quality to standardize manufacturing process.
- Timely and successful execution of product and process launches.
- Own and manage engineering and design standards for the company; including methods and processes
- Engineering Expertise with Building Structures and Materials – experience with structural engineering from design as a well as manufacturing aspects
- Strong background in design of concrete, steel and based building and structural elements
- Strong familiarity with building engineering and architectural aspects for wide range of applications.
- Project Management and Product Portfolio Management - the ability to review products and define their value based on technical feasibility, market acceptance, commercial potential, and competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of the Competitive Landscape – understand global and domestic economic indicators and capabilities of customers and competitors
- Strong academic background. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering background. Advanced degree preferred
- Should have a PE license (Professional Engineer); SE license strongly preferred (Structural Engineer)
- Minimum of eight years of related experience, with a strong background in design, modeling, and testing for structural components and systems in addition to deep knowledge of manufacturing processes and electronic circuits and processors for automation and control
- Experience in post-frame industry is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time