LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all-terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder 3-wheel vehicle, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 12,000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and test of outboard engine mechanical systems including crank trains, gear cases, power heads, and components.
- Develop validation plans, perform tests and contribute to the decision making the process for the design architecture.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data. Compile the data into executive summaries and reports that can quickly communicate the technical issue.
- Model systems in Matlab/Simulink and correlate model to experimental data.
- Employ disciplined methods of root cause problem solving and corrective action implementation.
- Manage project priorities, prototypes, and testing.
- Perform boat testing of marine products and record results.
- Interface with manufacturing, after-sales support, and supply management to resolve issues.
- Work in a team environment with technicians and designers.
YOUR KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Additional work experience with engines or powertrains is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of powertrains, core mechanical engineering disciplines (dynamics, materials, vibration, fluid dynamics, etc.)
- Experience with electronics, instrumentation, and data acquisition.
- Computer skills: LMS Test Lab or equivalent, MS Office, Matlab or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills: Able to compile data into a useable form, recognize patterns in data, information, or events, draw logical conclusions, and make recommendations for action.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed and possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be willing to work in a hands-on development environment.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.