Junior Embedded Firmware Engineer - Skilled at "MacGyverism"
STACATO LLC – Special Forces Funded Technology Startup Rockville, MD 20852
Why Work Here?
“ Chance to work with our nation’s elite special forces on wearable, Augmented Reality (AR), hearable solutions, innovate, grow, make a difference, flexible hours!”
Innovative technology startup that is redefining cutting edge tactical wearable, AR, hearable, headsets and communications systems for US Special Forces is seeking for an electronics embedded firmware engineer skilled at "MacGyverism". Audio and RF experience a plus! (No clearance required.)
- Develop embedded firmware for cutting edge tactical wearable, AR, hearable, headsets and communications systems.
- Plan and execute research activities on various comms and audio systems, innovate and solve technical problems.
- Proficient firmware programming abilities in C / C++ for embedded systems.
- Excellent knowledge of popular microcontroller architectures (e.g., ARM Cortex M), system bring-up, hardware-software co-debugging techniques.
- Strong knowledge / experience in the area of communication protocols at all layers, such as
I2C, SPI, I2S, USART, USB, and PCIe.
- Familiarity with major stages of the software development cycle, including requirements generation, construction, design, implementation, test, documentation, and maintenance.
- Ability to test firmware and electronic circuits using lab equipment, including oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer.
- Understanding of basic analog and digital hardware and hands-on knowledge in circuit board schematic.
- Self-starter ready to run and take-charge of product development and execution.
- Team player willing to coordinate and work with members and contractors alike.
- Comfortable documenting the design using formal documentation and configuration management tools.
- Ability to improvise (a real MacGyver).
- Must be a U.S citizen.
Skills Not Required But Preferred:
- Background in RF and audio signal processing a plus!
- Experience in development of wearable and hearable devices a plus.
- Experience in DSP algorithm implementation a plus.
- Experience in FPGA programming in Verilog or VHDL a plus.
- Experience in designing GUI based test bench on Windows or Linux platforms a plus.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Ruby) a plus.
- Ability to jump in wherever you are needed.
If you have any extraneous projects you are particularly proud of in the related field please bring it up when contacting us!
Brilliant, MacGyver like A players Fresh graduates are highly recommended to apply.
Ace, non college degree firmware whiz kids are highly encouraged to apply, but make sure to demonstrate to us your MacGyversim skills and past record of thinking out of the box, and making things happen.
About STACATO LLC “Detach & Attack”- Special Forces Funded Technology Startup:
Stacato’s vision is to enable our Nation’s most elite Special Forces Operators to detach from the wires and attack. Outfitting the elite operator with cutting edge tactical wearable, AR, hearable, headsets and communications systems. Stacato is a small boutique startup located in Rockville
Maryland fostering a fun, innovative and interactive atmosphere in our offices, a place where you could explore your potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what you can be.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50.00 - $55.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19