Primary responsibilities include developing of new and existing products, assisting in selecting suppliers for new and existing materials against quality standards, assisting in establishing specifications and tolerances for production, purchasing, and receiving, and completing necessary drafting of products to ensure effective communication.
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine, and authentic.
- Responsibilities include the design, development, implementation, and analysis of products and systems.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining findings of product testing against established criteria to ensure all new and existing product materials are within requirements.
- Prepares estimates of development and product costs and develops bill of materials for new and existing products.
- Manages engineering changes.
- Assists in supplier site inspections to investigate abilities of key suppliers to meet quality requirements, specifications, and delivery dates, as needed.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining quality assurance procedures to ensure testing, purchasing, and receiving are consistent with product specifications.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers to resolve manufacturing issues
- Assists in handling sales and technical field calls, trouble shooting, warranties, and servicing, as needed.
- Leads the implementation of FMEA’s, as needed.
- Leads Projects.
- Assists in finding and assessing new product opportunities.
- Assist in mentoring new employees.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field
- 1+ year of related work experience
- Intermediate computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc.)
- MS Word-Advanced; MS Excel-Advanced; MS PowerPoint-Intermediate; MS Outlook-Intermediate
- Written and verbal communication, reading, and spelling skills
- Intermediate AutoCAD, Creo, and/or Solid Works experience, preferred
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs.
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending.
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities.
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed.
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States?
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)