We are ACTIVELY hiring for a Plant Drafter at our facility in Goose Creek.
Shift: 1st shift 7am-3pm
Pay: $54,000-$65,000 annually
Benefits: FULL BENEFITS!!
The purpose of this position is to:
- Maintain proper record retention regarding projects and equipment at the facility.
- Manage drawing storage, drawing numbering, and drawing management systems.
- Maintain printers, plotters, and supplies regarding the processing of documents and storage of same.
- Aid in the distribution of documentation and research of previous projects/documentation as required by Plant personnel.
- Ensure the safe, efficient, effective and continuous Plant operations through assistance to Supervisors, Engineers, Maintenance Mechanics, Electricians, and Production Personnel.
This position functions under the direction of a Engineering and Maintenance Manager subject to established policies, precedents, and practices.
The Plant Drafter is allowed considerable freedom of action to plan, organize, and help others to achieve department objectives and goals.
The Plant operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year.
The Plant Drafter must have experience:
- Working in an industrial environment and familiarity with process equipment, P and ID’s, equipment drawings and standards.
- Must be highly organized and be able to interact with all levels of personnel at the Plant.
- Must be self motivated and have documented training regarding Auto-Cad.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products with emphasis on Excel.
The position requires five to ten years of Auto-Cad drafting experience preferable in an industrial environment.
- Read and work from blueprints, sketches, charts, manuals, wiring and schematic diagrams, and other information and instructions.
- Maintains records and makes reports as necessary.
- Actively participate in crew and plant safety programs.
- Associate Degree or Higher
- Five (5) years Auto-Cad Drafting Experience – preferably in an industrial environment.
- Formal AutoCad Training is required for this position.
- Ability to converse with engineers, supervisors, trades people, and vendor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location