Provide timely, accurate, comprehensive, and value engineered technical support to various areas of the company by determining structural adequacy of window and wall systems.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assume responsible charge over drawings and calculations produced by Wausau Window and Wall Systems.
- Interpret Architectural and Structural drawings and commercial building specifications.
- Preform calculations required to prove the structural adequacy of window and wall systems.
- Communicate structural milestones to project managers.
- Review and red line shop drawings to convey structural requirements of window and wall systems.
- Assemble and stamp formal structural calculations for project submittals.
- Peer review the work of other structural engineers as needed.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously without oversight. This may occasionally include supervising and reviewing the work of another structural engineer.
- Size anchorage and determine required fastener quantities into various substrates.
- Analyze aluminum frame members and determine when reinforcement is required.
- Determine applicable building codes and loads that affect design window and wall systems.
- Run and interpret section properties of extrusions.
- Use various structural engineering software programs.
- Providing technical support to various areas of the company, including: Estimating, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Field Service to help ensure proper product selection, value engineered bidding and design, clearly communicated design intent, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist designers with the design of components, such as reinforcing, splice locations, and anchorage concepts.
- Coordinate structural design of Wausau Window and Wall System’s products with outside vendors to insure cost effective and quality products are provided to our customers.
- Maintain communication with the project manager and manage tasks appropriately to meet project schedules and customer needs.
- Assist manufacturing with concerns and issues relative to structural integrity of products.
- Participate in kick-off and project design review meetings to promote value engineering and schedule attainment.
- Advise of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Adhere to established Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all associates.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement process.
- Undertake job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the Company's Core Values.
- Responsible for value engineering projects to maintain budgets and regulatory requirements
- Analyze aluminum frames for building movements and applicable loads.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Candidates who also hold a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Candidates who hold a current NCEES record is preferred.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain licensure as a Professional Engineer within 6 months of hire.
- Candidates currently licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Structural Engineer (SE) is preferred.
SKILL and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Full understanding of commercial building structural design requirements.
- Proficient in the design methodologies for steel, concrete, masonry, and wood construction materials.
- Proficient in the use of statics for structural engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, structural drawings, shop drawings, and commercial building project specifications.
- Understand construction, engineering and architectural terms.
- Familiar with building codes and regulatory requirements for commercial construction projects.
Computer Skills :
- AutoCAD efficiency (2D & 3D), Inventor or Solidworks
- Visual Analysis, Nastran or other FEA program
- Knowledge of BIM (Building Information Modeling)
Window and Wall Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Company. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $57,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Structural Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: One location