CLCEngineering is currently looking for a talented and experienced ProjectManager to join our team in Alexandria, LA. This is a great opportunity toget involved in interesting and challenging design projects for clients invarious industries predominantly in the high voltage and power industries.
· Support the Project Management Department with the execution ofall aspects of the project including managing the staff, providing vision andstrategic leadership, monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluatingproject productivity and quality and directing the complete technicaloperations of the project.
· Direct and manage the activities of Project Engineers and CAD Techniciansin the planning, scheduling, design quality and execution of projects.
· Assume full responsibility for the successful execution of eachassigned project for schedule compliance, budget compliance, and scope andquality of deliverables.
· Build relationships and coordinate with the client and projectpersonnel.
· Ensure the client's input and job requirements are adequatelyaddressed and implemented consistently within the contractual requirements.
· Fully understand and implement project contractual requirements.
· Maintain a documentation file, accurately describing allcommercial, technical and financial correspondence.
· Prepare and evaluate monthly progress reports; describing theschedule, manpower expenditures and work scope for accuracy, completeness andtimeliness.
· Ensure invoices are processed timely and accurately. Act as aliaison between the client and the accounting department on outstandinginvoices over 30 days old.
· Identify and document that engineering change orders are beingprocessed in a timely fashion where additional work is identified beyondoriginal scope.
· Develop new business opportunities as a by-product of relationshipwith clients. Participate in business development meetings.
· Plan and identify upcoming tasks, potential problem areas,technical information, staffing priorities and identify solutions wherenecessary.
· Principal client contact for major accounts and manage multiplecustomers simultaneously.
· Perform field walk downs and data collection. Positionnecessitates field activities, some climbing, and occasional travel.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or other related field
· 5 to 15 years of experience in the High Voltage and Power Industry.
· Experience applying standard engineering techniques, proceduresand criteria to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
· Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal, Written andEmail)
· Complex Problem Solving
· Critical Thinking
· Attention to Detail
· Problem Sensitivity
· Information Ordering
· Judgment and Decision Making
· Strong desire to learn
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required toprovide effective intra and inter-discipline coordination on projects, as wellas effective communication with clients and vendors.
· Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize andmulti-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
· Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks withinmultiple industries.
· Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
· Licensed Professional Engineer
Employeewill be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat andsoftware systems. Position may include visits to construction sites andindustrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the useof personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat,safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests,gloves, work boots, and fall protection harness.
Employeewill work in a professional office environment.
The abovedescription covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Project Managerposition. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous,incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
CLCEngineering is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environmentand is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· managing small project: 5 years (Required)
· high voltage and power industries: 5 years (Required)
· project management: 5 years (Required)
· Bachelor's (Required)
· Alexandria, LA (Required)
· United States (Required)
· One location
SALARY COMMENSURABLE UPON EXPERIENCE
· One location
Job Type: Full-time
- High Voltage & Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Alexandria, LA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off