Aug 9, 2019
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Operations Technology (RPA)
Operations Technology Robotic Process Automation team is responsible for the architecture, design, development and support of robotic processes. The team is using Pega RPA, a robotic automation platform that fully automates end-to-end business processes to accelerate work outcomes, removes opportunities for errors, and enables organizations to scale quickly for spikes in volume without adding additional resources. With 24/7 transaction processing capabilities, Pega RPA has 24/7 transaction processing capabilities that increase productivity and eliminate processing backlogs, which translates into reduced costs associated with rework.
The candidate will be offered opportunities to learn Pega Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Pega Robotic Automation Studio (OpenSpan), Pega Robotic Console and apply the skills to work across the various lines of business and technology partners to develop robotic processes. The candidate will be an integral part of the core team, performing full lifecycle implementation of the multi-year Automation Program including design, development, integration, QA, UAT, regression, stress testing, and production deployment.
- Design and develop automation solutions using Pega Robotic Process Automation (RPA) / OpenSpan Studio and C# / .Net.
- Develop C# reusable core components for use across the platform
- Ensure quality and maintainability of automations and core components
- Implement creative RPA solutions and resolve technical problems based on business requirements and firm standards
- Follow development policies for adherence to standards and best practices
- Conduct structured peer reviews and walkthroughs, and make recommendations for maturity and capability improvements based on lessons learned
- Anticipate and resolve technical issues and risks affecting implementation
- Partner with Technology Information Security and Risk teams to implement solutions that adhere to security policies for Automation use cases
- Be actively involved in day-to-day system development for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) deployment in global regions
- Ensure automation solutions are built for quality and reusability. Adhere to controls on non-functional / regression testing methodologies
- Drive required Key Performance Indicator (KPI)/ Key Risk Indicator (KRI) controls and service metrics on automated processes
Required Skills and Experience (essential)
- Minimum 5 yrs. of hands-on software development experience using Visual Studio, C#, .Net.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven track record in implementing automation solutions
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Familiarity with source control systems (Git/Stash/Perforce) and continuous build (Jenkins)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum Methodology and continuous integration / deployment tools
- Strong communication skills allowing effective collaboration across multiple Information Technology teams and business partners
- Hands-on experience with one of RPA tools (UIPath, Blue Prism, OpenSpan, Automation Anywhere). Pega RPA (OpenSpan) is preferred
- Hands-on experience with relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and familiarity with mainframe terminal emulators
- ExtJS / AngularJS
- Experience in building SOAP-based and RESTful web services
- Experience in ASP.net and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services development
- Experience in Visual Studio, Web Technologies, Microsoft Technologies, Windows internals
- Knowledge of one or more Investment Banking domains (e.g. Transaction Processing, Settlements, Books & Records, Corporate Actions, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, etc.)
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.