Seeking a Project Manager with experience providing technical engineering and construction management services to support the United States Air Force.
Provide a full range of Construction Project Management Support to the 366th Civil Engineer Squadron (CES) to strengthen Mountain Home Air Force Base (MHAFB) sustainable infrastructure.
Primary work location will be Mountain Home Air Force Base (near Boise, Idaho).
Ecompex offers a competitive benefits package including Paid Time Off (PTO), 401(K) Plan with matching, Incentive Programs, Life Insurance and more.
- Bachelor Degree in related field such as Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, etc.
- At least Five (5) years of experience in facility design and construction project planning and development
- Desired: military or Department of Defense (DoD) experience
- Responsible for all facets of Project Management and Project Development to include support for Facilities, Sustainment, Restoration, Modernization Design, Management of Real Property Records, and Inspections.
- Manage cradle to grave project planning, design, construction management, and closeout support phases for multi-discipline, minor, and complex projects.
- Provide expertise about utilities, airfield pavements, and facility structures including hangars, technical facilities, water and waste water treatment facilities, aircraft operations and maintenance facilities; and office facilities.
- Develop all project requirements to comply with current Federal, State, Local, Air Force, HQ ACC, AFRC, AFCEC and BAFB engineering plans and specifications criteria Unified Facility Criteria (UFC), International Building Code, National Fire Protection Association (UFC, IBC, NFPA) and standard commercial practices.
- Develop requirements based on customer input and compliance with Air Force guidance; contract development; review, and management of Architecture & Engineering plans, designs and specifications, maintainability reviews.
- Prepare detailed Government Cost Estimate preparation, technical evaluations and reviews, project statement of work, statement of objectives or statement of need (SOW/SOO/SON) preparation; assist in advocating for project funding and prioritization.
- Assess validity, feasibility, and impacts (economic, environmental, etc.) of short- and long-range plans, projects, base development actions, and integration with overall installation plans.
- Evaluate and recommend programs and development plans for new construction, renovation, and improvements of real property facilities, including utility systems.
- Coordinate construction activities between customer and user (Fire Protection, Safety, Bio-Environmental Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Communications Squadron, Contracting, Security, Operations, and Engineering).
- Manage schedules, support project level meetings, database support, and budget submittals.
- Ensure all applicable permits are requested and approved; Conduct construction inspection, and related services necessary to support the execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare presentations including renderings, storyboards, slideshows, handouts, models and briefings, as required.
- Support contract proposal evaluation; Coordinate Pre-Proposal site visits, respond to Request for Information, and provide technical evaluation of resulting proposals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with MILCON projects as well as Federal or Government design and construction contracts
- Familiarity with applying the Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria and Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications to facility construction projects; Familiarity with Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) guidance documents
- Experience with Environmental Compliance (NEPA, Permits, Hazardous Materials, Hazardous Wastes, Recycling, Historical Protection, and others)
- Experience with developing cost estimates using PACES, RS Means, and other approved DOD cost estimating tools
- Ability to provide review and oversight of A/E designs; Prepare A/E design scopes of work; Evaluate A/E and construction proposals; Prepare modifications to A/E and construction contracts
- Familiarity with preparing construction scopes of work for IDIQ, MACC, SABER, competitive etc. type contracts
- Familiarity with Facility and Building systems - Roofing, Building Envelope, Interior Construction, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing), Building automation, etc.
- Ability to coordinate access to facilities and conduct interviews with facility personnel
- Experience with organizing and gathering project data, conducting analyses and providing recommendations without assistance
- Background utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project), Autodesk AutoCAD and Bentley MicroStation, etc.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings, old blueprints, and facility/project specifications
- Familiarity with government procurement process and regulations related to A/E services and construction contracts
- Experience estimating common CSI Divisions associated with interior construction/renovation, utilities, pavements
- Ability to developing independent, local market corrected cost estimates, meet accuracy standards specified in the DoD Unified Facilities Criteria, for Architect/Engineer and construction services throughout the planning, design, construction, and repair of facilities and infrastructure on projects ranging from $5,000 - $35,000,000 in scope
- Knowledge of developing independent cost estimates of the cost of construction contract change orders ranging in magnitude from $2,500 to $500,000
- Familiarity with reviewing construction submittals and reading or interpreting project schedules
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled. Ecompex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Ecompex has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.
Ecompex, Inc. is compliant with requirements of 41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(a)(3). This regulation protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Ecompex, Inc. participates in the E-verify program as required by federal law.
Need Assistance? If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact the company on this website. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This is a dedicated e-mail address designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location