The ideal candidate will have experience in a consulting engineering firm environment and a background in industrial (chemicals and manufacturing) design. The candidate will have proficiency with electrical systems design (e.g., industrial power distribution (medium and low voltage) including standby power systems, lighting, grounding, motors/drives and controls. The candidate will be experienced in working with clients, vendors and other engineers to design, specify and consult on electrical systems and equipment. The candidate will have project coordination responsibilities and will have experience working in industrial plant environments.
- Solving diverse and open-ended design problems facing industrial facilities.
- Design and analysis, including code compliance, of electrical systems.
- Field work to verify existing conditions.
- Perform calculations including but not limited to demand load, short circuit, device coordination, arc flash, and motor starting using SKM PowerTools software.
- Lead Electrical Engineer and Responsible Charge Engineer on electrical systems designs.
- Construction support including review and input on equipment submittals
- Client interface and development of Scopes of Work.
- BS Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited university.
- PE license in NC and SC.
- 5-10 years of relevant design experience with projects in the chemical and industrial/manufacturing sectors.
- Proficiency in preparing electrical construction drawings and equipment specifications.
- Proficiency with NFPA codes with emphasis on NFPA 70 (NEC), 70E, 30, and 497 and 499 and applicable IEEE and UL Standards.
- Proficiency with SKM PowerTools software.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with installation methods and materials of construction in a chemical process plant environment.
- Experience with electrical project execution on multi-discipline projects.
- Experience with industrial plant environments and site safety practices.'
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations