As a key member of the Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for managing full set engineering drawings, one lines, wire schedules, PVsyst analysis and conducting solar project feasibility studies and drafting designs for solar system using AutoCAD as well as other design programs.
- Managing/creating full set Electrical drawings for Utility and Commercial-scale Solar projects.
- Electrical one-line diagrams, panel system designs and conducting PVsyst Analysis.
- Creating PV Wire schedule and creating equipment detail sheets.
- Gaining deep knowledge of PV system components like modules, racking, inverters and BOS.
- Attending client meetings to effectively explain EVS, Inc.’s Electrical Engineering competence.
- Having a good understanding of NEC 2017 and keeping up with emerging technologies.
- Conducting site feasibility studies, commissioning site visits and meeting with utilities to understand their needs.
Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of a new department with tremendous growth potential in a stable Engineering firm. In addition, the Solar
Project Engineer must possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an Engineer/project manager for an engineering firm, EPC or Solar Developer
- NABCEP Certification and Electrical Engineer-in-training (EIT)/PE highly preferred
- In depth experience with AutoCAD, manual drafting, and electrical line drawing
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems
- Excellent organizational skills: proficient with MS Excel spreadsheets and data management
- An excitement for project development - a desire to create something new from plans
- Ability to interpret site drawings and communicate effectively about them
- Familiar with electrical components and electrical engineering
- Understanding of solar photovoltaic systems including SCADA and monitoring systems
- Background in Electrical/Mechanical engineering and some understanding of Medium and High
- Understanding of ampacity calculations in AmpCalc, SKM or CYMCAP will be highly valuable but not required
- Understanding of power studies in SKM or E-tap will be highly valuable, but it is not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
About EVS, Inc.
Since 1979, EVS has been serving our clients' Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Land Surveying needs. Our firm offers services to meet the demands of a variety of projects for private corporations, governmental agencies, contractors, developers, and architects. Our team consists of a combination of
Civil Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Land Surveyors and support personnel.
The Solar Energy Group is the fastest growing segment of EVS. We have already completed Electrical,
Civil and Surveying work for numerous solar projects and currently working on several 100+ MW Solar projects on both the Electrical and Civil fronts. We are working with some of the top EPC contractors and developers in the country to provide them full engineering services for solar. EVS has a strong client base in the MN Community Solar market as well.
EVS offers competitive salary, full benefits and 401(k) with matching. EVS is an equal opportunity employer.
EVS has been successful because of our strong client relationships. We are different from our competitors in that we maintain a strong culture. One of our top clients selected EVS for some of the largest projects in the state and attributed their selection to the fact that our two companies maintain similar cultures. It is a culture based on being committed and loyal to our clients and employees, seeking ways to create value, and being entrepreneurial and innovative. It’s also a reason why our employee turnover is low.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Electrical: 5 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19