Responsible for the engineering definition and process capability of assigned manufacturing processes. Defines process parameters to ensure the consistent production of high quality products and works in partnership with the operations team to resolve problems and continually drive process and product quality improvements.
- Primary individual responsible for the engineering definition of manufacturing process parameters to ensure the consistent production of high quality products, compliant to all internally- and externally-specified requirements.
- Is a lead advocate for shop floor process control. Establishes meaningful parameters and effective tracking systems; supports the Operations team in resolving production and product quality issues.
- Partners with Operations and QC Supervisor(s) to develop in-process and final inspection processes to detect nonconformities at the earliest stage possible.
- Responsible for driving improvement projects to improve manufacturing performance, product quality and/or process capability. Key individual helping to use real-time and lagging indicators to drive process improvement to improve overall process capability.
- Works with all areas in the writing and use of work instructions, documentation of processes and records management, and in the training of employees in support of maintaining and effective and competent workforce.
- Supports reviews of customer orders to establish suitable process parameters to ensure product compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Participates in internal audits, supports the Management Review process, and participates as a central figure in the corrective action process to support organizational improvement goals.
- Employs and trains others in effective problem-solving approaches to ensure the root cause(s) of issues are discovered, resolved and verified to be eliminated.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must understand and follow requirements of SXP QMS and EHS system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field to Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering;
- Four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy is a requirement.
- Ability to effectively interface with any person in the organization.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
- Reliable attendance and good communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
CULTURAL FIT – PCC VALUES
Drive For Results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee works in a plant environment that is not climate controlled. This is a tobacco free work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.