Meet our professionals
An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Software Developer (familiar with microservices, CI/CD)who will be part of a team developing a platform that will radically transform and modernize our industry clients! If you are PASSIONATE about creating something AMAZING – this career opportunity may be for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Are you the person we're looking for?
Have you developed and run multi-tier horizontally scalable application(s)? Do you grok both on-prem infrastructure and public cloud? Have you created CI / CD pipelines to build, maintain, and deliver those applications? Do you evangelize micro-services, but understand the realities of the monolith? Can you balance the convenience of libraries with the realities of dependency management? Can you refactor code without altering upstream dependencies or impacting downstream consumers? Do you contribute to, or even lead, open source projects yourself? Are you the kind of person who tries to understand technology from the silicon to the browser, or from the business idea to delivered value?
If so, then we have a very important job for you. We need your help.
We're looking for a seasoned developer within a cross-functional team who will work as a servant leader while direction from the team lead. Your contributions will primarily take the form of software development, system / software configuration tasks, documentation, automation of tests, and mentoring other developers, particularly in the identification and application of design patterns and best practices. Individuals in this role are also expected to work with architects to define and optimize solutions, and provide guidance and leadership in the implementation of those solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
This role is ideal for developer with several years (more than 5 years) of experience.
- Multiple programming languages, at least one of which should be C# (with .NET core) or Java (strong understanding)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and ability to properly apply general design patterns and paradigms
- Experience with appropriate unit testing framework(s) for known language(s) (appropriate XUnit), preferably with experience using mocking frameworks and service virtualization
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure, preferably more than one
- Experience applying cloud native development patterns and paradigms (microservices, statelessness, service registry / discovery, 12 Factor, circuit breakers, feature toggles, auto-scaling, etc.)
- Experience with CI / CD servers (preferably Jenkins) and Artifact Management (preferably Nexus or Artifactory), ability to create and maintain sophisticated CI / CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of JSON, REST, and AJAX
- Strong knowledge of XML, HTML, and related technologies (XSLT, CSS, SOAP, etc.)
- Multiple scripting languages, at least one of which should be Powershell or Bash
- Linux administration, preferably Red Hat or CentOS
- Strong understanding of version control and related concepts and techniques, particularly Git
- Fluent in build and release engineering, with experience using at least one build tool (preferably Ant, Maven, or MSBuild)
You should be familiar with most of the following
- NoSQL and / or Key / Value stores
- SQL and SQL DBEs
- OAuth and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD / LDAP / Kerberos as well
- Docker, and containerization and container orchestration in general.
o Must demonstrate ability to differentiation good candidates (applications or application components) for containerization from poor candidates for containerization
Our ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- At least one Configuration Management Tool, preferably Ansible or Puppet
- Jira, Confluence, and Slack
- The hated Waterfall SDLC, and PMI style project management
- Agile development methodologies (preferably Kanban) and modern development practices (ie, DevOps). Must be able to lead or assist in leading a development team, and help new developers learn these skills.
- Basic TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting / CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
- Proxies and load balancers
- Blue-Green deployments
- AWS and / or Azure Certification(s)
- Knowledge of or experience with Immutable Infrastructure paradigms
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Administration
- At least one infrastructure configuration / management DSL (ie, Terraform) and the Infrastructure as Code paradigm in general
- Understanding of cloud based storage paradigms, preferably with some understanding of on-premises storage (NAS, SAN, and related concepts, protocols, etc.)
- Windows Server Administration
- Static Code Analysis tools, preferably SonarQube
- Monitoring, both system and application
- Open source tools and libraries, and different open source licenses
- Log aggregation, data extraction and reporting using Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana or similar tools
A Super Candidate would also have experience with many of the following:
- On-premises infrastructure, particularly VMware
- Intermediate or Advanced TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting / CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience communicating with and presenting to executive leadership
- Ability to create compelling business cases for proposed solutions
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.