The Application Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining custom web, desktop, and mobile applications for General Dynamics Land Systems.
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
General Dynamics Land Systems’ ethos is our distinguishing moral nature. Each of us has an obligation to behave according to our values. In that way, we can ensure that we continue to be good stewards of the investments in us by our shareholders, customers, employees and communities, now and in the future. Our ethos is rooted in five values: 1) Honesty – We tell the truth to ourselves and to others. Honesty breeds transparency. 2) Trust – We trust each other to do the right thing. 3) Humanity – We are compassionate and empathetic. We respect the dignity, rights and autonomy of others. 4) Alignment – We are united in our commitment to our values. 5) Value Creation – We create value by doing the right thing for our shareholders, our customers, our employees and our communities.
- Develop or modify custom programs for existing applications such as reports, interfaces, conversions or extensions
- Design and develop custom systems where COTS applications are not applicable
- Test, debug and document custom programming
- Follow internal design standards
- Follow internal development methodology
Bachelors degree in IT related field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems). Other degrees will be considered with relevant experience. Equivalent experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- 2 – 5 years of development experience
- Experience with one or more programming language such as Java, SQL, C, C#, PHP, CSS, XCode and Python
- Experience with mobile development (iOS experience preferred)
- Experience with revision control software such as Harvest, Mercurial, Git
- Experience create custom standalone applications
- Experience modifying COTS applications
- Experience working in an environment with change control processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of IT development methodology such as Agile or Waterfall
- Well-versed in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong affinity for team work and collaboration
- Ability to think out of the box and learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of SOX IT requirements
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Knowledge of the Defense industry