Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
We’re looking for an audacious and motivated candidate to join our OAC team. As a QA/QC Engineer, you are passionate about quality, training, and interested in identifying and solving problems. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Develop/monitor quality program metrics to evaluate project performance. Analyze
said metrics to understand the root cause of any disconcerting trends and then work
with the applicable parties to correct those items.
- Provide direction to staff and subcontractors on the QA/QC program.
- Coordinate quality issues between the Client's design, construction, and facility
- Coordinate review and execution activities between the contractor and SME team.
- Audit QA/QC activities of staff and subcontractors as often and as necessary to assess
conformance with the QA/QC procedures.
- Develop, review and approve, if required, product and process quality related
documents such as Construction Quality Procedures (CQPs) and checklists, technical
deliverables, and test procedures and plans.
- When applicable, review Commissioning Agent Level 4 and 5 commissioning scripts
and provide feedback.
- Assist Client's Facility Project Manager in review of project schedules and help ensure
compliance to them.
- Help drive to closure open issues and escalate any outstanding open items not getting
closed out in a timely manner.
- Assist in development of project specific QA/QC dashboards and equipment tracking
- Attend required meetings such as the weekly project and monthly global QA/QC
meeting, MEP/OAC weekly meetings, and daily start-up and commissioning meetings.
- 5+ years of construction experience in a dedicated QA/QC role.
- Experience creating & innovating on QA/QC programs.
- Experience partnering with team members and contractors.
- Industry knowledge to understand the design and deployment of technical electrical
and mechanical systems as related to mission critical construction processes.
- Knowledge of practices in design and construction industry, including knowledge of
fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
- Experience with QA/QC and Commissioning requirements for ground-up construction
of mission-critical facilities.
- Experience with retrofit projects in live mission-critical environments or occupied
- Track record of analytical & critical thinking.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline.
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment to include: electrical distribution
equipment from switchgear to panelboards, VFDs, low voltage power and molded case
circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, Diesel Generators, DX units, air handlers, water
treatment equipment, BMS modules, and hot isle containment accessories.
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC's building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made "The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington", and continues to earn "Washington's Best Companies to Work For" – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington's Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
The future is bright as we continue to expand - check out our website for more:
OAC is an equal opportunity employer.