Description: EDNETICS IS THE TEAM TO JOIN – We provide a CAREER, NOT just a BONUS!
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Program
- Company Paid Medical and Dental Insurance for Employee. Company subsidized for dependents.
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Vision, Voluntary Life, Critical Care, Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness Center / Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Easy Parking and Excellent Facilities
- Team Building Activities
- LAN Parties and Raid Nights
Network Engineers (NE) are key employees to the Ednetics Network Team who are trusted and confident communicators who maintain excellent attention to detail with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. They are responsible for leading projects within the Ednetics Network Team portfolio including network routing, switching, and wireless products. They are responsible for developing, designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting customer networks throughout all aspects of the project lifecycle. A Network Engineer is a technical resource for Customers, Account Managers, and other services teams. They are highly skilled mentors who contribute to and encourage the professional development of Network Team members in their career. An NE exhibits confidence, efficiency, and attention to detail in their communication with customers and team members in order to drive Ednetics and the Network Teams roadmap with stakeholders.
. Requirements: ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly complete Network related Support and Pre-Sales cases and Project-related work.
- Assist and guide other Network Team members with any Support, Pre-Sales, and Project work.
- Create, edit, and review documentation for Network Team procedures and Knowledge Base.
- Assist with keeping Network Team best practices documentation relevant and up to date.
- Promote consistency by effectuating the Project Peer Review process for self and others.
- Consistently deliver Ednetics products, projects, and documents on time or ahead of schedule.
- Provide Tier 2/3 case resolution assistance to all Support and Network Team members.
- Leverage continuing education opportunities to facilitate and foster personal and professional growth.
- Continuously strive to further their development as engineers, supervisors, leaders, and mentors.
- Lead and contribute to topic discussions during Network Team meetings and trainings.
- Deliver technical sessions designed to advance knowledge within the Network Team portfolio.
ADA Notice: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributes to the organizations goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally, with warmth, courtesy and respect, and making a personal effort to make vendors feel they are a valuable partner and are important to Ednetics success.
- Possesses a strong, diligent, motivated, and committed work ethic, constantly making an extra effort.
- Consistently and reliably meets or exceeds project deadlines and complete assigned tasks.
- Successfully executes all Project Lead responsibilities, from staging to onsite implementation.
- Cultivates strong customer confidence in Ednetics and Network Team services and products.
- Excellent people and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Resourceful and flexible to job needs.
- Troubleshooting expertise and proven technical ability.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
DESIRED SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Thorough hands-on experience of deploying Cisco and/or Aruba wired and wireless projects.
- Familiarity with designing complex network architectures to meet specific customer needs.
- Clear track record of ability to manage and support enterprise level network infrastructures.
- Hands-on experience with new product introductions in the lab and field with WISP service providers.
- Operational experience with L3 routing, switching, WiFi 6, and WiFi management systems.
- Strong knowledge of NetSuite with the ability to manage projects, track time, and work cases.
- Strong understanding of the Pre-Sales, Customer Support, and project scope creation processes.
- A strong working proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Visio, and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years with Ednetics and/or equivalent networking experience with another organization.
- Current IT industry certifications with Aruba and/or Cisco are desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS
Position requires individual to hold and maintain a current and relevant Professional-level technical certification recognized by Ednetics. They must also be able to design, implement, and support firewalls, routing, switching, and wireless controllers/dashboards.
- Successfully lead any Network Team projects within Ednetics’ routing/switching/wireless portfolio.
- Continually work to improve efficiencies within Network Team best practices and processes.
- Advise, oversee, and mentor junior members in the team to foster career growth and development.
- Participate in decision-making processes on a variety of technical, operational, and organizational issues.
- Ensure equal opportunity, participation, and appropriate distribution of workload for team members.
- Provide supervision and guidance to Network Team members with task management and prioritization
Regional travel at 5 - 25% overall is expected.
Ednetics Inc. is a growing organization with a unique and outstanding corporate culture. Ednetics’ people enthusiastically support the technology needs of education and government communities in the Western U.S.
Ednetics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. http://www.ednetics.com/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year