Rincon Consultants is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 13 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
In our Carlsbad, Los Angeles, San Diego or Ventura office we have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for an experienced full-time Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Hydrogeologist.
As the successful candidate you will possess knowledge and technical skills in storm water management, water quality resources, groundwater monitoring, water quality modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, construction and industrial NPDES compliance. You will work in a team environment with other professionals throughout our various locations in California. This makes communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, and an ability to adapt to different teams, types of projects, and leadership styles important to the individual’s and team’s success. This position offers the opportunity to apply creative problem-solving skills to environmental issues, and rewards individual initiative, persistence, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
As a professional staff member, you have strong project management skills and are proficient in data management/evaluation and Microsoft Office tools and have 3 to 5 years of related experience in water quality resources.
Consulting for municipal, construction, and industrial NPDES compliance projects, providing strong client representation and advocacy to regulatory agencies
Reports to Senior Program Managers and works directly with project managers ensuring effective client communication and relations
Organize field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians for storm and surface water quality monitoring programs
Complete technical reports and proposals that are accurate, clear, and succinct
Evaluate, analyze, and synthesize technical data with highest quality data summaries, calculations, summary tables, figures, and charts
Perform field exploration, rain event inspections, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation (including soil, soil vapor, and groundwater assessment and remediation programs)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- B.S. in Hydrology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology, or another related fieldAt least 3 to 5 years of direct, relevant work experience
- QSD/QSP and/or QISP certification
- Fundamental understanding of hydrologic, water quality, and ecological processes in watersheds and water bodies, including: pollutant sources and their impacts on water quality and human health effects and risk assessment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems related to water quality resources
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with focus on detail and time management
- Excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook, in particular
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and pass a background check
- Advanced degree in hydrogeology, geology, or natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline
- Current OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER, or completion within one month of start date
- California PE/ PG or EIT/GIT license
- Implementation of TMDLs and similar water quality studies, storm water planning
- Experience in southern California’s watersheds and associated water quality challenges, including Phase I and Phase II MS4 Permits and other regional programs
- Use of statistical programs and techniques to support data analyses
- Strong skills and proficiency in ArcGIS and using remote sensed data
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- Persuasive - Instills Confidence
- Takes Initiative - Leads by Example - Takes Charge
- Collaborative - Builds Consensus - Encourages Diversity of Opinion and Thought
- Shares Knowledge - Heart of a Teacher
- Problem Solver - Results-Oriented - Resilient
- Resourceful - Innovative
- Flexible - Adaptive - Ability to go above and beyond
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- Three Weeks’ Vacation accrued in the first year
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- 2x/Year Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Sick Leave
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Dental, vision, prescription drug
- Supplemental life insurance
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance
- Professional Development
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much, much more!
- All programs subject to review and change and are provided for regular, full-time employees
Rincon Consultants does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Rincon Consultants, Inc.