$20 an hour
Engineering Internship Opportunities – Spring 2020 &/or Summer 2020
Attention all Juniors and Seniors! We invite you to explore a career in the aerospace industry at Safran Test Cells. Safran Test Cells is an aerospace engineering company responsible for the design and supply of aero-engine test facilities and test equipment. We are a subsidiary of Safran Group, an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 90,000 employees and is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters.
Apply your engineering knowledge in this exciting opportunity where you will be actively involved in working with our Support,Maintenance and Services Engineering to gain knowledge of jet engine testing. Working alongside our team of expert engineers, you will gain a strong foundational knowledge of various systems of a test cell (data acquisition system, fuel system, air system, vibration) while using data and predictive algorithms to improve reliability of our products and services.
· Extract meaningful data out of millions of collected points
· Use data to improve products and services for aerospace industry customers
· Develop new aftermarket services or products by tracking and measuring efficiencies of product deployments
· Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or related field
· Have taken introductory courses which will familiarize you with algorithms, data, an understanding of data reduction and industrial sensors
· Strong presentation and communication skills both verbal and written
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Project Management skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team
Paid Internship: $20/hr
Duration: Spring &/or Summer 2020 opportunities
Hours: M-F, Up to 40 hours per week
Interested students should submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in this opportunity, how this opportunity fits in with your career goals, and your past accomplishments. Please indicate which semester you are interesting in working.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $20.00 /hour