PHYSICISTS OR ENGINEER - For Hands-on Aerospace Support
Job Description ~
Rayotek is seeking a recently graduated physicist or engineer with strong hands-on skills to support its dynamic and fast-paced Aerospace Department. If you are a creative thinker, are capable of out of the box solutions and enjoys working independently, this may be the perfect job for you!
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION INTO A WORLD-CLASS AEROSPACE COMPANY
NO SOFTWARE OR IT APPLICANTS PLEASE
Required Skills/Qualifications ~
- Physics or engineering degree (BS, MS or PhD) or comparable workplace experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a university lab or industry job
- Experience with system integration and applied programming in Python/LabView/C/C++ or other languages
- Ability and experience in designing and building electro/mechanical systems controlled by PC or other electronics, such as:
- PLC, Arduino or Raspberry Pi, including data acquisition from sensors
- SolidWorks experience
- Comfortable working with basic hand tools and equipment, strong Hands-on skills.
- Experience with simple shop machines such as drill press, manual lathe, etc. is a big plus
- Critical thinker who enjoys problem solving and works well independently with minimal supervision
- Works efficiently and has great organization skills
- 100% medical and 50% vision and dental insurance premiums paid by Rayotek
- 401 K with matching
Company Information ~
Rayotek Scientific, Inc., a San Diego based company, was founded in 1992 and has evolved into a multi-national corporation with extensive expertise in the engineering and fabrication of glass, sapphire, ceramic, metals and refractory products for high stress applications. Located just east of University Town Center, Rayotek operates in a 20,000sq-ft state-of-the-art facility.
Rayotek has experienced a steady increase in business through industrial, aerospace and research industries and will continue to add technical professional staff to keep pace with growth.
See our websites for more information: www.Rayotek.com and www.rayoteksightwindows.com
This position involves information and hardware that is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Yes, following CDC and OSHA Regulations
- physics or engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location