Responsibilities include People‐focused technical sales professional who provides technical direction and business guidance to the engineering team. Maintains and develops the companies engineering practices and services and implements best practices and training for the company’s Sales Engineers and Regional Sales Manager’s. Drives gross profit through key engineering account planning, resource planning and resource allocation. Works alongside executive team and Sales Directors to proactively develop and maintain a team of high‐performing Engineers and continually seeks innovative methods for improving team performance and profitability.
- Manage engineering activities related to CMI and its subsidiary companies Gator Dock & Marine, Mantle Industries and Engineered Plastic Systems, LLC.
- Manage the engineering department to scale and grow with the strategy of the company
- Maintain technical resources plan for the sales organization through company technology and market demand
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing VP to prioritize and target team opportunities; Understand mechanisms for building team capacity and improving team performance. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately
- Monitor and approve requests for customer‐focused pre‐sales and post sales engineering services
- Assist in determining solution‐focused resources and understanding and developing requests for these resources
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress
- Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity
- Develop short and long term objectives to service broader markets. The plan should include a plan to develop and maintain professional engineering services in key markets.
- Partner effectively with innovations and product managers by relaying technical information on product installations, site visits, customer interactions to improve or create new products in the market.
- Manage product lines and maintain and update technical resources that are available on website with the assistance of Marketing and Innovations.
- Work with industry associations and key market partners to update and maintain technical design guidance for synthetic sheet piling.
- Development of proposals for engineering services. Review of purchase order contracts to ensure scope of work and engineering services are well defined.
- Four year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or equivalent work experience. Degree in Engineering in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural, geotechnical or civil engineering is required. Previous experience managing multiple direct reports and managing people in remote locations is preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer and have experience working in multiple states as a Professional Engineer
- Previous technical sales experience. Sales experience in the marine construction or earthwork construction preferred.
- Possess ability to develop strong relationships within the industry and strong selling skills.
· Display a high level of professionalism at all times: including a solution focused mindset, accurate work, attention to detail, etc.
· Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
· Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills. Self-directed and self-motivated. Strong sense of urgency.
· Good time management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
· Desire and ability to think creatively to implement alternative CMI solutions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is located in Woodstock, GA. CMI Limited Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace offering competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Technical Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Structural Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- Licensed Engineer (Required)
- Are you a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule