BC Marketing Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites healthcare, retail, and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results. We create and execute integrated marketing and communications ideas and solutions.
We exist to give incredible people opportunity to make a difference.
- Kind and compassionate
- Pride of ownership and accountability
As a Front End Developer at Blue Chip, you will be an important member of our core development team responsible for developing, maintaining and updating best-in-class websites, emails and other web-based products for a variety of clients. You will also help shape our internal build tools, processes and techniques. Responsive build experience is a must, as nearly everything we develop is built to work across varying screen sizes, browsers and devices.
As a member of the development team, you will work closely with project managers, designers, strategists and the account team in an effort to unite great ideas with great execution for the benefit of our clients. You are expected to be a self-starter, share your ideas, and work hard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values and cultural principles of BC Worldwide
- Manage and execute clients’ website builds and updates including graphics, copy, SEO and programming changes across frameworks and static HTML pages/templates
- Implementation and testing of analytics tracking methods
- Collaboratively work with team members to design solutions that are supported by the architecture of the existing systems.
- Ability to convert raw images/layouts provided by our designers into themes
- Maintain a continuous and effective dialogue with the project management team to ensure development work is on time and tracking properly
o It is essential to communicate to project managers with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
- Manage and execute Responsive Web Design projects for our clients
- Create responsive email templates for delivery across all major mail clients and devices
- Demonstrated growth, knowledge and experience with rich media/digital display design and development
- Deliver cross-browser/device uniformity and error free functionality with progressive enhancements
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
Education, Experience and Computer Skills
- College Degree is related field preferred
- 4-6 years of front end development experience (agency experience preferred)
- 4-6 years of CMS theming experience
o Ability to create themes within multiple CMS environments. To illustrate, we have clients that run sites on Wordpress and others. You don’t need to know all of them, but flexibility would suit you well at Blue Chip.
- 1-2 years experience developing and designing rich media
- Working knowledge of Git, Sass and Photoshop/Sketch
- Demonstrated understanding of PHP and MySQL.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with (or are very eager to learn about) modern development workflow. Some of the tools we use include: Vue.js, Vagrant, Git, Gulp, Sass and Gitlab.
- Demonstrated experience in responsive builds, including handling different browser capabilities and properly optimizing for touch devices.
- Ability to create responsive email templates.
- Ability to provide time estimates for given tasks.
Strongly Preferred Skills
- Understand and work with a PSD
- You understand the importance of, and have experience implementing, accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0+)
- Detail oriented with a good design eye.
- Worked with Twig Templates
- Working in both agile and waterfall based environments.
- Working knowledge of (or eager to learn about) with JIRA or similar task management systems.
- SEO Implementations such as Schema.org, preferred
- Experience with Twig templates.
- Understand the importance of, and have experience implementing, accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0+)
- UX skills are welcomed