Do you want to engineer products that are MANUFACTURED ON SITE!
Do you like heavy, robust, automated equipment?
Do you enjoy Project Management and helping that design come to life in a live working piece of machinery?
We are a great opportunity for the person that likes to design and manage "BIG and TOUGH" and watch it come to life! If your experience is in electronics, phones, power supply or circuit design we are not the right fit for you, but do appreciate your taking the time to read our ad.
Cranston Machinery has been a leader in the Pulp and Paper industry for over 85 years. We have a very niche market and produce quality equipment that is built to last. Most of our equipment is based on strapping, packaging and handling of pulp bales and paper rolls. We are really looking for a candidate that has experience in handling equipment or equipment that is robust in nature and electric, hydraulic and pneumatic operation.
Main Job duties:
- Manages the project from supporting sales in a technical capacity all the way thru to installation and satisfaction of the customer.
- Engineers concept and modify from existing equipment, including design, drafting, BOM, parts lists as part of a Engineering team.
- Works closely with Electrical Engineers to design integration with mechanical, control, and integration of large systems. At Cranston we embrace our Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to team together on a project instead of working independently in the design, fit and function of the machinery.
- Works with Customer through out the entire project.
- Supports sales efforts in product demonstrations.
- Some travel to Customer sites for kick off meetings and at times installation with the Service Technicians. Foreign and Domestic less than 25%, just enough to be exciting.
The successful candidate will have:
- Engineering Degree required
- 5 to10 years experience doing design and detail of automated machinery that is based on handling and packaging. (not electronics, printers or micro chips)
- Ability to travel both foreign and domestic ( less than 25%)
- Work out of the Portland Oregon office.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
We value family, trust, honesty and integrity and you will find those values working in our family owned business each and every day. We offer great benefits and compensation packages.
Great Benefits: Medical costs only 80.00 per month for employee, Dental, Vision, Life all paid. 401K, income bonus plan, paid time off starting at day 1, 9 paid holidays in addition to normal time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Can you start work within 3 weeks roughly by end of June?
- What type of equipment have you designed in the last 5 years?
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)