The System Engineer role will be responsible for design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, and implementation of applications, programs, servers, and network in a mixed physical and virtual server environment. The Engineer should be able to architect, install, modify, and support various Microsoft technologies, including Windows operating systems, Active Directory, and VMware. This role is also responsible for architecting, managing, and administering a growing VMware environment.
- 2-4 years of experience administering VMware, Windows, Active Directory, and other Microsoft technologies such as Hyper-V, DHCP, Group Policy
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience with various implementations of Windows operating systems
- Experienced in advanced levels of administration in Windows, Active Directory, GPO management, and VMware
- Experience deploying, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting physical and virtual Windows environments
- Understanding of basic networking principles and implementations
- Ability to script and provide automation in Windows and VMware environments
- Ability to design and implement solutions to meet security and compliance regulations as defined by Information Security team standards
- Flexibility to adopt and implement new technologies using a variety of platforms and methods
- Excellent communication skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company (product development, operations, networking, etc.)
- Experience interacting with and managing/monitoring platforms, including setting appropriate thresholds and alerting
- Public cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Setting up and administering Windows clustering
- Managing storage area networks
- Installing, configuring, and administering Linux systems
- HP Servers and Blades
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS
Physical and Mental Requirements
- May involve climbing ladders, lifting heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a frequent basis when onsite.
- Job requires an especially high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Some travel may be involved in both training and customer facing issues.
- May include remote and onsite work.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations