We are growing and adding to our maintenance department! Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day maintenance activities and our crew of Maintenance Technicians. This position will drive department continuous improvement initiatives and enable efficiencies by applying sound reliability principles.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Be a reliability excellence advocate, building and supporting a proactive not reactive culture.
- Oversee analytical troubleshooting, problem solving, and develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Direct supervision of maintenance technicians. Provide support for technicians to address any issues or ideas to improve the current processes.
- Strong commitment to developing and managing safety and environmental programs and regulations, which includes a general knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations for construction and manufacturing.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the correction of equipment problems causing repetitive failures through analysis of equipment history and application of technical skills and ingenuity.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with tracking and identifying critical manufacturing issues and help develop continuous improvement strategies.
- Support preventive and predictive maintenance programs, ensuring reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Provide coordination of daily maintenance activities to ensure maximum equipment up-time while utilizing the equipment, tools, materials, and manpower.
- Become a power-user of the CMMS, utilizing system for work orders, procurement and inventory management.
- Report on daily and weekly department performance metrics.
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve plant issues.
- Monitor employee performance for compliance with E Energy Adams’ policies, including but not limited to attendance/punctuality, work performance, and safety.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and issue disciplinary actions to employees as needed, in coordination with the Maintenance Manager and the HR Manager.
- Facilitate the performance management process to include conducting performance appraisals and regularly scheduled 1:1’s with employees and document in the performance management system accordingly.
- Manage, approve, and monitor employee PTO requests and timecards.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection process for new employees.
- Support and promote a positive and cooperative team environment which fosters creative problem solving and shared learning.
- Provide back-up for other department personnel as needed.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Maintenance Manager, along with other duties not listed herein, but which need to be accomplished to maintain safe and productive day-to-day operations within the plant.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee records and company matters.
- Ensure all local, state, and federal regulations are being met at all times.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in the Engineering field.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of maintenance operations experience in a large-scale industrial continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Ethanol manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with maintenance procedures for processing equipment such as evaporators, heat exchangers, centrifuges, drying equipment, boilers, cooling towers, chiller, air compressors, pumps, valves, electrical circuits and instrumentation preferred.
- CMRP or other relevant certifications are preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and communicate information to obtain positive results.
- Strong continuous improvement mentality.
- Strong knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance processes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to safety and environmental compliance is critical.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment.
- Physical ability to climb stairs and ladders up to 200 feet.
- Confined space entry and able to lift to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances.
- Able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection).
- Must be able to respond to and support emergency issues on a 24/7 basis.
Generous compensation and annual bonus potential package.
Full Benefits – Health, dental, and vision Insurance, 401K with company match, life insurance, disability coverage, generous PTO program and paid holidays
Please click on the button below to submit your resume and cover letter.
E Energy Adams, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment testing is required for all positions.
The Maintenance Engineer must be able to perform primary job functions satisfactorily with, or without, reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. If accommodations are needed by an applicant or employee to perform the essential job functions, please advise Human Resources in writing as to the accommodations requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed at the discretion of management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising/Managing: 3 years (Required)
- Maintenance Operations: 5 years (Required)
- speak, read, write, understand the English language (Required)