The Project Engineer will work directly with the project management team to provide support for construction and repair projects. The Project Engineer will have the opportunity to gain experience and learn about the work as a project engineer in the local maritime and construction industries. This position provides engineering support for the company’s ship repair and other projects.
Pacific Shipyards International, LLC Expectations of Employee:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Is committed to the company values and adheres to all Pacific Shipyards’ policies and procedures
- Perform duties of his/her job and as assigned by Management
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude and conduct her/himself with integrity and in a polite, professional manner treating customers and co-workers courteously and respectfully
- Communicates regularly with Officers, Managers, & Supervisors about the different divisions and department’s issues
- Consistently be on time for work, meetings, and appointments and deliver work projects by assigned due dates
- Maintain assigned work areas in a clean and orderly fashion
- Maintain and ensure the safety of all assigned equipment.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Meet productivity goals and quality standards as set by management
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Flexible work hours, shifts, and days
- Assist in the engineering function for PSI and related entities
- Knowledgeable of terminology used in the various trade(s)
- General knowledge obtained through undergraduate studies in engineering
- Good attitude and personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player; excellent work ethic
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to understand verbal or written instructions given and to perform correctly
Able to construct and modify project schedules using MS Project, Primavera, etc.
Able to prepare cost reports using Excel
Knowledge of vessels, commercial and for the military, and nautical terminology preferred.
Knowledge of regulatory standards, including NAVSEA, ABS, CG, as well as federal and state regulations preferred
Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
Education, Training and Experience::
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Architecture preferred.
5-10 years of experience in the construction industry as a project administrative assistant can be substituted in lieu of an engineering degree.
Familiarity with Requests for Information (RFI’s), change order requests and material purchase status.
Proficiency in utilizing Auto CAD, Solid Works, Rhinoceros, and GHS preferred
Proficiency in utilizing MS Office and ability to effectively operate office equipment required
Ship or boat building experience preferred
Must show proof of your legal right to work in the United States
This position requires US Citizenship due to security clearance required for base access
Must be able to successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
Must be able to successfully obtain a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) Credential to gain access to federally controlled work sites
All candidates must submit to and pass a post-offer drug screening and a background check before employment begins. Failure to complete any of these steps will result in disqualification
Valid State of Hawaii drivers’ license in good standing, class 3 or higher
Candidates must have access to reliable transportation to get to work and other job sites on time for the start of shift