Hours of Work: 44 hrs./week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles as required
- Perform regular maintenance services on vehicles
- Perform safeties on vehicles as per MTO regulations
- Remain updated with current training courses through Hyundai Canada (in-class and online)
- Comply with required health and safety regulations
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives and procedures
- Obtain repair orders from Service Advisors and take them to the stall area.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs, as indicated on work order, with accuracy and efficiency in accordance with dealership and Hyundai Canada
- Inspect and diagnose the source of any malfunction and perform the repair.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts requested by the customer or under warranty.
- Examine the vehicle to determine the need for additional safety or service work.
- Notify Service Advisor immediately if further work is necessary, if work outlined is not needed, or repairs cannot be completed within the allotted time frame.
- Align wheels and bleed the hydraulic brake system.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed or refer to Service Manager.
- Responsible for practical instruction and support for any assigned Apprentice Mechanics / Technicians.
- Use floor mats and seat covers when working on vehicles.
- Attend factory-sponsored training sessions.
- Maintain a neat and orderly shop area.
- Account for all dealership-owned tools.
- May also perform PDS and Oil Changes.
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives and procedures.
- Comply with required health & safety regulations.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- 3 years of relevant experience performing mechanical repairs as an apprentice, automotive technician, automotive engineer, or similar role.
- Ability to work Monday to Saturday
- Must have a Valid Driver License
- Positive feedback from advisors and customers
- Efficiency and timeliness in completing work order
We offer a fun and energetic environment, continuous coaching and support, training, favourable compensation plan, great benefits for you and your family and an opportunity to build a career with the #1 team in the country. If this captivates you, please apply today
Mississauga Hyundai is committed to an inclusive and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available under the Human Rights Code and in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Hyundai is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour