- Values: Ensure that personal conduct is consistent with Servant Leadership. Looks for opportunities to model Reell’s values in all business situations.
- Principles: Supports and models the company’s principles that are identified in the Declaration of Belief and Direction Statement, in all areas of conduct and business.
- Teamwork: Create a positive, energizing, and rewarding environment for all Coworkers. Work closely with other Reell facilities, functional leaders, and coworkers to achieve broader corporate goals. Contribute ideas, vision, energy, and passion.
Nonconforming Material Disposition
- Participate in an MRB (Material Review Board) process as the “voice of quality” for dispositioning non-conforming material.
- Initiate containment of suspect material to ensure nonconforming product is not introduced into the next production stream (internally, at our direct customers, or to the product end user).
- Provide initial response to product quality issues reported by customers, and, when required, ensure timely follow up with corrective action in the customer-specified format.
- Apply formal problem-solving methods to identify root cause(s) of problems affecting product quality, and work with cross-functional teams to determine best methods to permanently eliminate or mitigate the root cause(s). This may involve collaborating with other departments to identify resources required and to coordinate follow up tasks.
- When new problems are identified that affect product quality, ensure the risks and solutions are formally documented in corresponding documents, which may include Process Control Plan, Process FMEA, and Work Instructions.
- Interact directly with customers and the Reell Customer Support Team to respond to customer product quality complaints. This may include reporting Corrective Action activities to customers (typically in an industry-standard 8D format).
- Analyze historical data from various sources to identify and prioritize the highest-impact problems/trends and determine next steps for subsequent problem resolution. This may include periodic reporting to the organization, as well as the identification of resources needed to resolve significant recurring problems.
- Apply error proofing and continuous improvement methodologies to improve manufacturing processes and mitigate waste related to product quality.
- Determine “lessons learned” from product quality issues and apply those lessons to other relevant products/processes to prevent recurrence.
CCB and Deviation Requests
- Serve as a member of the Change Control Board (CCB) for approval of product Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
- Provide the data and information necessary to create internal process/product deviation requests for subsequent approval by the responsible functions.
- Explore new technologies, methods, and benchmark industry best practices for improvement of quality inspection processes, product audits, and process audits.
- Evaluate how production SPC data is collected, calculated, and analyzed to determine ongoing suitability, and take the appropriate actions to continually improve SPC processes to improve First Pass Yield.
- Lead Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) activity for product test equipment in the production process, which typically involves GR&R (Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility) studies.
- Work directly with others in the Quality Services department to maintain and continually improve the Quality Management System (QMS) documentation.
- Update and maintain Process Control Plans, Process FMEAs, One-Point Lessons, and Quality Alerts.
- Keep relevant plant personnel informed of important developments, risks, existing problems, and related information necessary for effective management of the Quality Management System.
- Collect, analyze, summarize, and report on information provided in various customer-provided scorecards of Reell’s performance.
Customer Change Notification
- Write and submit relevant deviation requests to customers based on change notification requirements.
Other duties as required by the organization.
- Experience with SPC and related software.
- Experience in FMEA, Process Control Plans, and Measurement Systems Analysis.
- Previous experience in any ISO9001-based Quality Management System, including ISO9001:2015, IATF16949:2016, AS9100D, or ISO13485:2016.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effectively summarize and present data and information to support recommendations and decisions affecting product quality.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with teams and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task while prioritizing goals.
- Sincere self-motivation to solve problems, mitigate risk, and continually improve product and processes.
- Demonstrates ability to engage in constructive, professional, mutually-respectful debate citing measured/observational data, structured logic, specific requirements/criteria, and verifiable information. This also includes knowing when to halt debate when it becomes evident that more information is required, or direction from an external/internal subject matter expert or advisor is needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 4 years in a manufacturing production site, at least 2 of those years in a Quality Engineering role.
- Four Year technical or business degree.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) certification, with special consideration for CQE and Six Sigma, as evidenced by certification number in your resume. Recently expired certifications will be considered.
- Experience with submission/acceptance of automotive, medical, or aerospace versions of PPAP.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds or sit or stand for longer periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement