Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Our Greenville, South Carolina facility is seeking an Industrial Engineer (IE) whose role is to focus on two aspects of the business, the data analytics and a production build area that analyzes sequence of operations, work flow, and manpower loading to improve efficiencies for F-16 aircraft production, as well as possible stretch assignments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Studies and completes data analysis pertaining to production and sustainment performance, cost control, cost reduction, and other related production systems using tools like Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, PowerPoint, OneNote, Project, SAP, and data analysis tools. On the basis of these studies, monitors the development and implementation changes to production workflow, manpower changes, or changes to the schedule.
- Develops detailed work plans in collaboration with Operations Leadership team.
- Establishes methods for maximum utilization of production personnel.
- Facilitates continuous improvement activities as required.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
Must be a United States (US) citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Candidates must meet all the following skills to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with at least 2 years of Industrial Engineering-related experience
- Advanced Microsoft Access, Structured Query Language (SQL), Excel, PowerPoint experience, specifically in creating, monitoring and reporting metrics related to cost and schedule.
- Experience developing databases, resource loading plans, manpower scheduling or critical path methodology
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related discipline
- Excel Macros, digital production metric displays
- Experience with Systems, Applications and Products (SAP)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), particularly with Production Operations and Program Offices
- Experience multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing assignments
- Experience in applications of learning curves
- Greenbelt Certified
- Aircraft Production, Maintenance, Modification, Repair and/or Overhaul Experience
- Earned Value Management (EVM), an understanding of Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.