Come join our growing Macon team! We are hiring a Structural Engineer to come help our Engineering department grow, innovate, and develop, along with the rest of our Macon team. Among other functions, the Structural Engineer will collaborate with other Team members to perform a variety of design and drafting activities including structural analysis and design, preparing fabrication and installation drawings for construction projects, material order, fabrication interface, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform structural analysis and prepare design analyses on concrete foundations, steel towers, bridges, hanger systems, and other structural elements of a construction project.
- Prepare design and fabrication drawings, installation drawings, and site layout drawings.
- Conduct surveying and layout at construction projects.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation.
- Works with Engineering Manager on guidelines for installation drawings which meet and exceed the customer’s requirements (bid and submittal phase). Implement these requirements on drawings prepared for the customer.
- Interface with the Fabrication department to help turn the design into finished products, to supply our construction projects.
- Serve as an information source on planning and design of equipment installations.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (e.g. drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (structural focus), or at least 5 years of related work experience in the structural engineering and drafting field: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- PE or SE license preferred but not required.
- Surveying education and/or experience preferred.
- Parts or structures modeling and detailing experience using SolidWorks software preferred.
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software preferred.
- Experience in equipment and site layout for construction projects preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including structural analysis software and Microsoft Office.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Location: One location