Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc., a regional engineering firm, is currently seeking a Professional Geologist for our Paducah KY location. This candidate should be skilled in environmental work.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts in Geology and/or engineering geology and a minimum of 5 years related experience (soil logging required).
- Professional Geologist (PG) in Kentucky or Tennessee, or the ability to obtain license within 2 years.
- Experience with MicroStation preferred
- Planning, implementing and managing geotechnical and environmental projects including preparing geotechnical proposals and directing drilling staff
- Creating soil sampling plans, logging and classifying soil and rock samples and submitting laboratory testing plans to in-house soil lab
- Developing drill locations maps and directing in-house or subcontracted drill crew to obtain necessary geotechnical subsurface information
- Conducting Phase I/II Environment Site Assessments
- Being familiar with KYTC, IDOT and TDOT geotechnical requirements
- Being familiar with geotechnical software including gINT, Slope Stability Analysis software (e.g. GSTABL and ArcGIS
- Being familiar with rock slopes is preferred
- Assisting and collaborating with Senior Geotechnical Engineer to develop geotechnical design and/or environmental reports
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Geologist (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off