Canadian Health Solutions is a growing group of health service companies that develop and provide leading medical and research services. Based out of Saint John, New Brunswick, we seek a motivated Front-End Developer with a keen eye for UI/UX design with some knowledge of back-end development.
This position will appeal to an individual who is eager to join a growing Development Team and report to our Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will enjoy a broad variety of tasks and is effective working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
We are seeking candidates within Atlantic Canada and who are willing to relocate to the Saint John, New Brunswick area.
- Work closely with users to understand and develop effective UI/UX for various applications;
- Program at different levels (strong front-end with some back end) and a keen eye for UI design;
- Propose and develop features to enhance the user experience;
- Share responsibility for the development environment and ensure that web infrastructure remains stable;
- Participate in architectural and design decisions;
- Effectively manage priorities and coordinate with team members to ensure deliverable are on time;
- Build efficient and reusable code for future use;
- Ensure deliverables meet quality and usability standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Web Development;
- Excellent knowledge of front-end principles and technologies (HTML5, CSS, ES6);
- Excellent knowledge of UI/UX design, including experience with wireframing tools;
- Excellent knowledge of js (or similar framework such as Angular, React, etc.);
- Good knowledge of PHP, SQL and MySQL;
- Good knowledge of the Laravel framework;
- Good knowledge of software security;
- Experience with dependency managers (composer, npm, etc.) and version control system (GIT);
- Experience with TailwindCSS or a similar CSS framework.
Desired Competencies Considered An Asset
- Agile (Scrum) experience;
- Working experience in developing UI for Medical Software;
- Experience using BASH/Linux & LAMP/W&
- Experience leveraging Open Source Software like LimeSurvey;
- Experience conducting unit tests, code reviews, ensuring quality and adherence to adopted development practices;
- A drive and curiosity for continuous learning.
Location: 3700 Westfield Road, Saint John, NB, Canada. Occasional travel, primarily within New Brunswick.
Office Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm with the need to be flexible with any extended coverage or on call requirements.
Compensation: Based on skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- * Excellent knowledge of UI/UX design and wireframing tools: 2 years (Required)
- * Good knowledge of PHP;MYSQL and SQL: 2 years (Required)