Vacancies in Wartsila North America, Inc.
Field Service Engineer
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN 2 HOURS OF AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO QUALIFY.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Wärtsilä in Brief:
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers.
- Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products or similar medium bore diesel engines
- Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Carry out engine product trouble shooting, routine maintenance & components investigation.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary equipment).
- Pre-commissioning of engines and Perform Mechanical commissioning.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
English, second language is a plus
- MS Office tools
- IM applications and IM tools
- Wärtsilä knowledge
- Communication skills & customer relations
- Motivated to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to travel USA/Canada for at least 6/7 month per year and also abroad when required.
- Able to generate technical service reports
BS degree + 2 year of related experience, or AS degree and 3 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical or USCG) + 5 years of experience
- Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or similar Medium bore applications as a Lead Man
- Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application as a Lead Man
- Lead man experience
- Mechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
- Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
- Electrical troubleshooting Skills A+
- Wartsila 4S Experience A+
- Turbocharger Experience A+
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.