CNC Lathe Machinist
Why work here?
“Come work for a growing global company which offers competitive compensation, great benefits package and opportunity for growth”
You will enjoy working for a fast-paced, globally recognized custom manufacturer that has aggressive growth goals. We have recently acquired an additional 130,000 sq ft facility in Hayward, CA. Our core competencies are in low to medium volume plastic component manufacturing and module assembly. We serve equipment manufacturers in semiconductor, electronics, medical, biomedical, solar, green energy, oil & gas, testing instruments and other industrial equipment.
CHawk Technology’s manufacturing processes include plastic thermoforming (vacuum, pressure and drape forming), plastic fabrication, hot gas welding, fusion and diffusion bonding, contamination free and high precision CNC machining (3-5 Axis) and module assembly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Includes but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines under the direction of a supervisor
- Responsible for loading parts, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets setup sheets, drawings, specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products.
- Measures and enters dimensions and reference points on company ERP system.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality, and other department personnel to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with company procedures and policy
- Must be available to work swing shift if needed
- 2 years of similar responsibility in a manufacturing (preferred)
- Knowledge of CNC Vertical Lathe
- Nakamura Lathe Live Tool experience is a PLUS
- Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions
- Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines
- Knowledge of precision measuring instruments includes but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators, and scales
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules
- Must possess basic math skills
Compensation / Benefits
- Hourly - $18-$25 DOE
- 100% covered by Employer for Employee coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer matching
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, Float Personal Day, Sick Time
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Swing Shift (2:00 PM - 10:30 PM)
- Please submit your resume online via Indeed
- Or apply online through our website at www.chawktechnology.com > Company > Careers
PLEASE NOTE RELOCATION PACKAGE/ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
CHawk Technology provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CHawk Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)