The Sales Engineer will be responsible for growing sales in the allocated US territory through proactively managing existing accounts and developing new business. This person is also expected to provide technical, application, engineering and after-sales support to customers. The candidate will be expected to travel (up to 75%) to prospective and existing customer sites and trade shows. Qualified candidates will receive extensive product and applications training. The territory is Western USA.
- Drive sales through regular interaction (personal visits and contact by phone) with direct customers and/or end users;
- Provide technical/applications/training support to direct customers and/or end-users;
- Manage the entire sales process from initial inquiry to close, including the generation of quotations, submitting internal manufacturing orders, product delivery and after-sales support;
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customers’ decision makers/users;
- Perform product demonstrations or training at trade shows and customer sites;
- Account maintenance, such as processing sales leads, providing accurate pipeline reporting and forecasting;
- Submit required documentation on a timely basis, including, expense reports, travel itinerary, sales activity reports and update CRM daily;
- Attend trade shows in territory;
- Other duties as assigned.
Measures of Success
- Develop the sales pipeline and deliver the Company’s sales growth plan;
- Strengthen market presence for Brookhaven products.
Experience and Skills
- Degree in Physical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience selling scientific/analytical instrumentation and services
- Proven record of driving and forecasting sales, applications selling, appointment setting, pipeline development, and closing sales;
- Strong communication and reporting skills. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as reports, requests for proposals, scope of work and other documents as well as the ability to write professional, accurate and routine reports and correspondence;
- Experience using a CRM for sales prospecting, forecasting and reporting is a plus;
- Candidate must be a self-motivated, results driven professional with self-confidence and discipline and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment.
- Base salary, depending on candidate experience.
- Commission plan with both quarterly and annual components based upon achieving sales targets to be set by the Company each year;
- 3 weeks paid vacation time per year + 8 personal days;
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and 401k benefits provided.
Brookhaven Instruments Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of high technology particle characterization instrumentation products, located in Holtsville (Long Island), New York. Brookhaven Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. For more company info, please visit https://www.brookhaveninstruments.com/
Job Type: Full-time
- pipeline devleopment and sales forcasting : 4 years (Required)
- scientific/analytical instrumentation and services: 4 years (Required)
- creating and qualifying sales leads: 4 years (Required)
- Do you have post-secondary education in Physical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering?