Job Title: Project Engineer- Intern
Reporting Relationship: Plant Engineer
Location: Milton, WI
Hourly: Hourly- Full time
Projected Start date: Summer 2020
Charter NEX Films is seeking a full time summer Plant Process Engineer intern. This position will utilize technology and automation to improve, streamline, and automate manufacturing processes. Be a part of our Team! This position will report to the plant engineer and will work closely with the plant manager.
Charter NEX Films is the leading independent manufacturer of high performance plastic films. Our films are ideal for markets including food/beverage, health care, customer goods, pet food, and surface protection.
· Responsibilities include planning, researching, implementing, and monitoring manufacturing and automation technology.
· Analysis of, modifications to, and coordination of upgrades to existing equipment and new equipment installations
· Work with Plant Management and the Plant Engineer to identify and prioritize key projects related to quality, productivity, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance, reliability, scrap reduction and safety improvements and to assist plant staff with implementation.
· Participate in implementation of new technology and developing of procedures, feasibility review, and interaction with cross-functional teams across the organization.
· Create written descriptions, sketches, and CAD models to convey ideas
· Work with plant resources to specify components and procedures for new projects
· Accurately document and record procedures and results
· Look into other plants technology & automation to implement in our plant. This would include any current conveyer systems, core cutting technology, and guillotine customizations
· Develop plan for Automated guided vehicle to utilize in the packaging warehouse
· Implementation and commercialization of the die oven and die cleaning area
· Researching and implementing options for material conveyance and storage
· Investigating new equipment and procedures for the recycling area and scrap management
You will love working here if…
· You enjoy project management and overseeing large projects
· You aren’t afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and dig into the details to get the job done
· High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently
Education and Qualifications:
· Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, or Plastics Engineering
· Strong technical aptitude and analytical thinking skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work collaboratively with the manufacturing and operations team
· Excellent project management and organization skills
· May travel some of the time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour