DOF Subsea is a world-class offshore construction support, survey and IRM contractor.
- Apply On-Line at the DOF Subsea Career Centre re:
DOF Subsea is a leading provider of subsea services in all the major oil and gas production regions around the world. With world class ROVs (Remote Operated Vehicles), Survey systems, and a fleet of offshore construction vessels, the group combines expertise and technology to deliver integrated subsea solutions to the offshore oil and gas industry.
DOF Subsea Canada is currently seeking a detailed oriented and client focused individual for the position of Subsea Engineer. A key to success for this position is the ability to collaborate with offshore and onshore personnel. The Subsea Engineer will report to the Project Delivery Manager but will receive day-to-day direction from the Senior Subsea Engineers for activities such as analyses, reports/document reviews, tendering, design, etc. If you are looking for a dynamic environment to learn and grow your career, DOF Subsea Canada is a great opportunity!
- Support DOF Subsea’s core business initiatives and those of DOF Subsea clients (Inspection/Maintenance/Repair (IMR), Light Subsea Construction, Subsea Intervention, Decommissioning, Permanent Mooring Installation/Disconnection, Engineering Studies and Tenders) including lift rigging design and lift planning, equipment sea fastening design, and installation analyses specific to above core business initiatives;
- Familiar with lowering analyses such as first end initiation, laydown, and second end landing of jumpers/umbilicals;
- Ensure project deliverables and execution are performed within relevant legislation, industry standards/best practices, and within company policies;
- Help lead our regional effort to develop innovative solutions to client problems which support our core business;
- Support business development and tendering activities as required by management;
- Actively seek to develop safe, practical, cost effective and cutting edge solutions to project technical challenges;
- Promote the continual development of our HSEQ culture and system that minimizes the risk of injury to personnel, the environment and equipment to ALARP levels (As Low As Reasonably Practical);
- Promote the company’s organizational culture, values and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies;
- Encourage open communication between engineering and operations to create healthy productive culture;
- Diligently work towards meeting Regional and Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s);
- Execute all responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards;
- Some offshore work maybe required depending on scope of work;
- Other engineering duties as directed by third parties in the case secondments.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in applicable engineering field of study (Civil, Mechanical, Naval Architecture, Ocean, Structural, or equivalent)
- Either working towards or has obtained a Professional Engineering licence
- 5 - 10 years’ experience subsea project/installation engineering experience;
- Experience related to the supervision of equipment System Integration Testing and functionality testing;
- Experience performing project vessel mobilizations and demobilizations;
- Offshore field experience related to the installation of subsea infrastructure;
- Knowledge of specialized software would be an asset (Example- Ansys/Inventor- Structural/Mechanical Engineers, Orcaflex- Hydrodynamics- Subsea Engineers, etc.);
- Knowledge of the marine environment and technical challenges associated with executing projects in these conditions;
- Knowledge of subsea infrastructure components, deployment methodologies, equipment handling restrictions, testing requirements, etc.;
- Knowledge of DNV lifting and underwater deployment/recovery codes pertaining to marine operations;
- Analytical and technical capabilities specific to lowering analyses and rigging design would be an asset;
- General technical knowledge of sea fastening design and analysis (vessel motions & structural design);
- General knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, best practices, and design codes;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Willingness to perform the work required to complete the project on time while meeting client expectations;
- Willingness to share experiences and teach critical skills/tasks to other team members;
- Professional demeanour to promote company interests expected always.
- DOF Subsea is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce and an inclusive respectful workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
- Apply On-Line at the DOF Subsea Career Centre re:
*DOF Subsea Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and equitable workplace. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply*
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering subsea project/installation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Either working towards or has obtained a Prof Engineering (Preferred)