Manitoba Start is the leading provider of career development and job matching services to immigrants and employers in Manitoba. We assist newcomers in adjusting to the Canadian landscape as it pertains to employment and to enable meaningful connections to the Manitoba labour market.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Job Matching Unit, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with employers and career coaches to identify work placement and job opportunities for newcomer clients. The Job Developer must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in dealing with the business sector in discovering opportunities that would support the labour market integration of newcomers, as well as a solid understanding of business cycles and market fluctuations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from an accredited institution in Sales, Marketing and/or Human Resources. An equivalent combination of skills, education and experience will be considered.
- 2-3 years of practical experience in a related capacity, i.e. Recruiter, Account Manager.
- Strong prospecting skills and proven ability to successfully close the sale.
- Client-service oriented; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the needs of immigrants from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, database applications and internet research.
- Flexible and ready to adapt to changing circumstances within a multi-tasking oriented work environment.
- Awareness of labour market trends, fluctuations, high-demand occupations, and employment opportunities.
- Demonstrated value for and understanding of principles of diversity.
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- Valid class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License; possess own transportation or access to a vehicle.
Annual Salary: $44,445.00 per annum.
Manitoba Start offers a competitive benefits package and a comprehensive training program. An eligibility list may be created from this competition for similar positions.
Cultural Competence * Building Relationships and Networking * Accountability and Dependability * Professional Ethics and Integrity * Client-Centered * Decision Making and Judgment * Communication * Technical Knowledge
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
Reference ID: MBS- JD062021
Application deadline: 2021-06-28
Expected start date: 2021-07-18
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,445.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
In response to Covid-19, Manitoba Start is currently offering virtual services to newcomers and employers. The organization will return to in-person services, when it is deemed safe to do so.
- Human Resources: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19