Job Title: Lift Engineer
Department: Industrial Sales
Location: Buckner Heavylift Cranes HQ, 4732 NC Hwy 54 East, Graham, NC 27253
About Buckner Heavylift Cranes:
Buckner Heavylift Crane’s mission is to provide safe, logical, & experienced solutions to complex and demanding projects within the heavy lift crane rental industry. Founded 75 years ago in 1947, Buckner continues to be led by members of the company’s founding family and has a strong reputation for integrity in the industry.
The Buckner culture is very community oriented with focus on employees’ health, wellness, and balanced lifestyles. Buckner is a unique force within the traditional construction industry offering a state-of-the-art campus in Graham, NC and top of the line benefits to our employees. Our team is focused on nurturing talent and creating a progressive atmosphere that inspires our team to continue being the best at what they do.
The primary focus of a Lift Engineer at Buckner Heavylift Cranes is to provide the Sales and Operation Teams with the technical knowledge and expertise necessary to drive revenue. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and who is willing to step in and help with other projects as needed. This position will report directly to the Director of Industrial Sales and will collaborate with internal Engineering Department. May require additional time outside of normal working hours to support project timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Provide engineering/technical support for all of Buckner’s crane fleet both internally and to current/potential clients.
§ Prepare Lift Plans and crane Build Sheet Packages for ongoing and upcoming projects.
§ Participate in client job-walks with Account Executives.
§ Work closely with Account Executives and clients to determine the right solution for the given project.
§ Prepare and present lift plans to internal teams and clients.
§ Perform other duties as assigned.
§ 5+ years in crane lift planning, preferably focused on 500t+ crawler cranes (including capacity evaluations, crane layout / elevation checks, GBP calculations, etc.).
§ Extremely proficient to expert with AutoCAD software – will be required to submit sample portfolio of previous work.
§ Working knowledge of Liebherr LICCON Work Planner.
- Strong understanding of multiple construction disciplines, engineering skills, and necessary concepts.
- BS in engineering (mechanical preferred) or a related field. PE license not required for this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
§ Ability to travel 25% of the time – potential for up to 50%.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at desk and working on computer.
- Must be able to lift fifteen pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- How many years of experience do you have with Crane Lift Planning?
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location